User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=nyfingerlakes;368543]Finally put my Sumo Springs on the Reflection. Took me about and hour (doing it carefully!) and they look good. We're going camping this weekend and will see how much of a difference (or not) they make. Here are pictures of how they look installed.QUOTE]

nyfingerlakes, I think you will be satisfied with the improvement in your trailer’s ride. I am currently 1,150 miles into my current trip & the roads seem to be getting worse. The Sumo Springs are still doing a bang-up job! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed the TSS-107-40 as well on our 42' Solitude 377MBS. I love them, the wife doesn't as much. Sumo's seem to spare the suspension but transfer the shock energy. For example, when we opened cupboards, poorly stored dishes where ready to fall. We had too many pots and pans on the bottom shelf (near the floor), which broke and caused a pressure crack on the office wall. Easy to fix but Sumos definitely protect suspension, just make sure you batten down kitchenware after you install them
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered four based on Gran Casita's recommendation.
    We have a 2021 310GK and next sunday we will be traveling on 27 miles of washboard dirt road to our fishing hole!

I'm a little nervous about how the suspension will hold up so this will give me some peace of mind, hopefully!
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    I just ordered four based on Gran Casita's recommendation.
    We have a 2021 310GK and next sunday we will be traveling on 27 miles of washboard dirt road to our fishing hole!

I'm a little nervous about how the suspension will hold up so this will give me some peace of mind, hopefully!
    @Sportsdad60, let us know how they perform for you! I have had my Sumo Springs installed for the last 6,705 miles on our 310GK (39,268-total) & we’ve noticed a significant improvement in ride, comfort, roll (transfer weight) & shock absorbing. Others may want to add their own experiences. So far I can give them two “thumbs up!” -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    @Sportsdad60, let us know how they perform for you! I have had my Sumo Springs installed for the last 6,705 miles on our 310GK (39,268-total) & we’ve noticed a significant improvement in ride, comfort, roll (transfer weight) & shock absorbing. Others may want to add their own experiences. So far I can give them two “thumbs up!” -Diego
    We ended up not taking our 5th wheel but rather our Lance Truck camper.

This week we do a 2000 mile trip (R/T) from MT to Northern MN for a family reunion.

The install went with out a hitch. We used the TSS-107-40 as recommended by topic starter.
    I cut the coro-plastic around the area where the sumo would make contact to the frame, then filled the small gaps with Great Stuff Multipurpose Insulating Foam Sealant, it is air tight and water resistant.

Interesting enough, the Blue sumos have turned green since install in early June.

2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First trip with Sumo springs...our last fifth wheel was a Bighorn with shock absorbers. When we picked up the Solitude we immediately noticed the jounce and bounce, so installed the Sumo springs.
    Well...after 600 or so highway miles, I can say that they help. But I can also say that I would install shocks if I had it to do over. These limit suspension travel whereas shock control oscillation. Better....but certainly not as good as shocks. In fact, I may just take the hit and install the shocks.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    First trip with Sumo springs...our last fifth wheel was a Bighorn with shock absorbers. When we picked up the Solitude we immediately noticed the jounce and bounce, so installed the Sumo springs.
    Well...after 600 or so highway miles, I can say that they help. But I can also say that I would install shocks if I had it to do over. These limit suspension travel whereas shock control oscillation. Better....but certainly not as good as shocks. In fact, I may just take the hit and install the shocks.

What manufacturer for the shocks kit will you be using?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    What manufacturer for the shocks kit will you be using?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    And that is the million dollar question. I looked at Slipper springs with shocks and that looks like more work than I want to do. The roadmaster comfort ride looks interesting but I need to spend more time looking. I'll continue to evaluate on this two month journey...maybe good enough is ok.
    I'm not having chucking or proposing issues, just lots of movement in the cabinets etc.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    And that is the million dollar question. I looked at Slipper springs with shocks and that looks like more work than I want to do. The roadmaster comfort ride looks interesting but I need to spend more time looking. I'll continue to evaluate on this two month journey...maybe good enough is ok.
    I'm not having chucking or proposing issues, just lots of movement in the cabinets etc.

They call that Analysis Paralysis.
    Let us know what you go with. I may be doing the same someday.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did 400 miles today on the new Sumos.
    Definitely a difference, with a dually combination, big rigs passing us no longer "suck us in and push us out". I always felt like it was the trailer responsible for that effect. Now I know it was.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast