User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterization of Fresh Water System on 2600RB

Am new to RVing. We have an Imagine 2020 2600RB. Have been looking at the owners manual for winterizing the fresh water system. The procedure in the manual uses the winterization hose (connected to the water pump suction) to inject RV antifreze thruout the fresh water system. This makes sense but appears to ignore the upstream piping from both the fresh water tank as well as the exterior fresh water. Is it just assumed these portion will just gravity drain and be free of water?

Am also looking at the alternative of using a manual pump and injecting the RV antifreeze thru the exterior fresh water connection thru the downstream piping but this would appear to ignore the piping from the fresh water tank as well as the water pump itself.

What am I missing? A piping schematic would most helpfull although I’m doubtful one is available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    Am new to RVing. We have an Imagine 2020 2600RB. Have been looking at the owners manual for winterizing the fresh water system. The procedure in the manual uses the winterization hose (connected to the water pump suction) to inject RV antifreze thruout the fresh water system. This makes sense but appears to ignore the upstream piping from both the fresh water tank as well as the exterior fresh water. Is it just assumed these portion will just gravity drain and be free of water?

Am also looking at the alternative of using a manual pump and injecting the RV antifreeze thru the exterior fresh water connection thru the downstream piping but this would appear to ignore the piping from the fresh water tank as well as the water pump itself.

What am I missing? A piping schematic would most helpfull although I’m doubtful one is available.

The fresh water tank you simply drain via the valve under the camper. You do not want to put antifreeze in there. The antifreeze will be running thru the pump.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    The fresh water tank you simply drain via the valve under the camper. You do not want to put antifreeze in there. The antifreeze will be running thru the pump.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Sorry if I was not clear in my descrption but the issue does not involve either draining the fresh water tank or putting antifreeze in the fresh water tank.

The pump should have a check valve on its discharge to prevent reverse flow thru the pump when feeding from exterior supply. Likewise the exterior supply line should have check valve to prevent reverse flow when using the tank and pump.

Using either the owners manual method thru the winterization hose or manual pump thru external supply connection appears to leave some small portions of piping without antifreeze.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What won't get antifreeze is the city water input. I use compressed air to blow it out along with the black tank flush inlet.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post

We were a bit concerned about this, too when we first got our trailer in 2017. We have never blown out the lines, we just rely on the antifreeze. I think it might possibly be an issue if you were using it right into long stretches of freezing weather, and upon disconnecting the city water supply, your next step was pumping antifreeze. Our trailer usually sits for a week or two before we winterize it. Additionally, I try to pick a warm, sunny day to prep it: drain and rinse the water heater, leaving it open, open the low point drains, leaving them open, and finally, open all the faucets. I leave it like this for a day or so, then close the openings and faucets, bypass the WH, and pump the antifreeze. We’ve never had an expansion issue with the city water valve/line. We’ve had plenty of extended stretches of subzero temps. Just don’t forget to pump the pink stuff through your outside sprayers (we hired a tech to do it the first time and I had to remind HIM, as he forgot).
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L