User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Turning Point Pin Box be replaced

I know the standard answer is no, the Turning Point pin box cannot be replaced on a 150 Series Reflection. But I also recall seeing seeing a post that indicated there might be an option to do so. I recently traded up to a 2019 F250 Lariat diesel with an 8 foot be. Good bye slider and locked out the pin box on my 2020 195RL. I'm very happy with the towing experience of this setup. I was never a big fan of the whole wedge thing as I could never get the wedge to sit still in the hitch. This was even after acquiring the hitch specific wedge. Now I'm interested in what other feature might be available to me. Not interested in the Anderson Ultimate or any other goose neck style, but was thinking of one of the air ride style pin boxes. And I know I saw something posted about one that might be compatible with a 150 Series. But I have not been able to find that post. Can anyone help me out. Thanks.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try giving Lippert a call. Maybe something new to the market.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion. But I suspect LCI probably isn’t going to be too helpful when it comes to a competitor’s product.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finz04 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. But I suspect LCI probably isn’t going to be too helpful when it comes to a competitor’s product.
    I think you are correct.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there is a Moryde product. RTPB83-1622 Orbital Rotating Rubber Pin Box. It is a replacement for the LCI pinbox. It just adds the dampening feature.
    Dan
    F-250
    Reflection 150 Series 290BH

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? Not replaceable? I hope so...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finz04 View Post
    I know the standard answer is no, the Turning Point pin box cannot be replaced on a 150 Series Reflection. But I also recall seeing seeing a post that indicated there might be an option to do so. I recently traded up to a 2019 F250 Lariat diesel with an 8 foot be. Good bye slider and locked out the pin box on my 2020 195RL. I'm very happy with the towing experience of this setup. I was never a big fan of the whole wedge thing as I could never get the wedge to sit still in the hitch. This was even after acquiring the hitch specific wedge. Now I'm interested in what other feature might be available to me. Not interested in the Anderson Ultimate or any other goose neck style, but was thinking of one of the air ride style pin boxes. And I know I saw something posted about one that might be compatible with a 150 Series. But I have not been able to find that post. Can anyone help me out. Thanks.
    Etrailer seems to indicate there is a replacement (they also say no too in another post there), but finding a pin box that will bolt up to the turning point wing plates is the issue. There is only 1 row of bolt holes and most king pin boxes use two. I would imagine a good fabricator/welder can get around that by building an adapter.

Try a Google search "turning point pin box replacement" and the etrailer posts should pop up as well as others.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen or heard of anything that fits to replace it.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the reply.

MorRyde sounds familiar, but I don't recall if it was a rotating pin box in the post I remember. The author had said something about contacting the vendor and confirming that the particular pin box was compatible with the wing plates on the 150 Series. I don't think I'm interested in swapping to another rotating pin box. I guess if that's all there is I'll stick with the locked out Turning Point. Or I'll reach out to MorRyde.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the conflicting answers on eTrailer. Thanks.
    Mike C.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast