User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GDRV Quality Program, Really??

I used to work in an industry with very rigorous quality requirements. Am not expecting the RV industry to be near as anal as we were. But after seeing so many post regarding the inability or unwillingness of GDRV to provide even basic plumbing or electrical diagrams/schematics, one must question if they have a basic quality program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tour the factories and you will see what it commonplace. There are two standards the industry build two and neither are very rigorous. Some manufacturers a bit better than others, but none have schematics like you are used to. At best, there are color coding to circuits. So, it's not a GD thing, and frequent any manufacturer-focused forum and it's the same gripes.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GDRV Quality Program, Really??

Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Tour the factories and you will see what it commonplace. There are two standards the industry build two and neither are very rigorous. Some manufacturers a bit better than others, but none have schematics like you are used to. At best, there are color coding to circuits. So, it's not a GD thing, and frequent any manufacturer-focused forum and it's the same gripes.
    THanks for your feedback. My sister and my brother in law were trying to locate their water pump that needed to be replaced and WERE able to get a water piping flow diagram for their 17 year old 5th wheeler from another RV maker.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alliance RV has wiring schematics on the rigs they build.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    THanks for your feedback. My sister and my brother in law were trying to locate their water pump that needed to be replaced and WERE able to get a water piping flow diagram for their 17 year old 5th wheeler from another RV maker.

I hear you. We had a Fleetwood build in 1998 that I was able to get a lot of information on as well. Without standardization, it's the Wild West. It's not just RVs... We have mining equipment costing millions, and same piece of machinery, produced by two different manufacturers, and one has hydraulic schematics fully detailed and the other does not. A lot of RV manufacturers have adopted the modern homebuilder mentality versus automotive. In other works do you get electrical and plumbing plans for a home. That's mostly a no, even for full customs...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other works do you get electrical and plumbing plans for a home. That's mostly a no, even for full customs...
    That is true, but in most jurisdictions one DOES get independent inspections against standard Building Codes.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you. We had a Fleetwood build in 1998 that I was able to get a lot of information on as well. Without standardization, it's the Wild West. It's not just RVs... We have mining equipment costing millions, and same piece of machinery, produced by two different manufacturers, and one has hydraulic schematics fully detailed and the other does not. A lot of RV manufacturers have adopted the modern homebuilder mentality versus automotive. In other works do you get electrical and plumbing plans for a home. That's mostly a no, even for full customs...
    I haven't built a custom home since '94. Back then the plans included electrical, HVAC and plumbing riser diagram, had to if you wanted a permit. I WISH my TT was built as well as the last home I built. RV's really are expensive (mine was about $160 per sq ft) and very poorly built, especially in the workmanship dept and GD is no different.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 10-20-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I haven't built a custom home since '94. Back then the plans included electrical, HVAC and plumbing riser diagram, had to if you wanted a permit. I WISH my TT was built as well as the last home I built. RV's really are expensive (mine was about $160 per sq ft) and very poorly built, especially in the workmanship dept and GD is no different.
    You provide outlet locations, amps, etc. You don't have to provide a path of travel.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    You provide outlet locations, amps, etc. You don't have to provide a path of travel.
    You clairvoyant? How do you know what Brewhedd did or didn’t do?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    You clairvoyant? How do you know what Brewhedd did or didn’t do?
    Doesn't matter if he did or didn't. I'm discussing what is required. You provide outlet locations, amps, circuits, in CA title 24 plan, etc etc. but you don't have to provide path of travel.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast