User Tag List

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living area light switch

So...we have a new 2021 303RLS. Been checking out the trailers systems etc but notice the rocker switch for the main living area lights is always illuminated. Whether the lights are on or off. Using the switch or Compass connect. Switch is always illuminated. The other rocker switches for pump, etc are only illuminated when in the 'on' position.
    Is this normal? Seems odd to me.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it's normal. It's the same on ours. Bright blue. We will be replacing it with a dimmer along with the awning light switch.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    So...we have a new 2021 303RLS. Been checking out the trailers systems etc but notice the rocker switch for the main living area lights is always illuminated. Whether the lights are on or off. Using the switch or Compass connect. Switch is always illuminated. The other rocker switches for pump, etc are only illuminated when in the 'on' position.
    Is this normal? Seems odd to me.
    All you need to do to cure this is, swap the line and load wires on the back of the switch.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks both. I'll see how easy it is to pop the rocker switch off the panel face.

Ynot, you have a source for dimmers that fit there? or same as factory?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks both. I'll see how easy it is to pop the rocker switch off the panel face.

Ynot, you have a source for dimmers that fit there? or same as factory?
    I had found the info on this forum. If you do a search you should find it. Here's the video on how to install it with more info. https://youtu.be/l507C35p_G0

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carefully pry the trim ring off the main panel. Remove 8 screws holding the panel on. Then you can get to the back of the switch. The white wire is grnd for the blue switch light. If you swap the line and load lines (the other two wires) then the only time the blue switch will light up is when you get power to the lights. The on/off of the rocker will now be in the opposite direction. If you want you can depress 2 small inner tabs on the switch and it will pop out of the panel. Turn it 180° and reinstall to get the rocker back the way it was. This sounds more complicated then it is and will only take you 5 minutes at the most.

I do recommend just replacing the switch with a dimmer switch. Costs about $35 per switch, still only takes 5 minutes and you'll be much happier in the end. There are a couple of threads have exact instructions including links to buy the parts.

One thing to mention - don't try and pry the switch out from the front of the panel. You stand a chance of breaking the inner switch tabs. If that happens the switch won't stay installed in the panel.
    Last edited by ckreef; 10-13-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put a posting up on replacing these toggle switches. The dimmer switches always seem to be out of stock at Amazon. I found them from RV-partsplus.com. Rob can drop ship to U.S. or Canada. Refer to my post titled 12V LED dimmer switch install

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illuminated Blue Light Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    All you need to do to cure this is, swap the line and load wires on the back of the switch.
    Tired of the blue light. I did what was suggested by @Hokensalem and swapped the line and load connections. Blue light off when off and blue light on when on. Blue light off when in bed😁 THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTION @Hokensalem!

I know I could have installed a dimmer but I didn't want to and the DW didn't want one. This is an immediate fix that cost me nothing.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas