User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine BHE21 Solera Awning won’t fully retract

Had the awning out for a wash. Let it dry out pretty good and then started retracting it. Got to within about 2 feet and then it just stopped. Wouldn’t go in or out. I was able to get it manually and when I got to the camp site an hour later the awning came out no problem. However, when it came time to go...I started retracting it and got to about a foot this time and just stopped. Again I had to retract it manually. Any idea on what’s going on? I saw one post mention that the motor might be underpowered...I am just confused on why it stops dead. Is it a wiring issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Double check where the awning arms come together. One may be bent and binding up, not allowing the arms to nest.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the same note as about, make sure there's not a wire pinch happening as the arms retract.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a look at the arm with the wire and saw that there was a cover over the wire. The cover slid up and down...was positioned away from the elbow. The wire had some excess at the elbow. I gently pulled the wire down so it was more in the arm and slid the cover towards the elbow. It has retracted without issue since!

Not sure what the specific cause was...the wiring is pretty thick and didn’t show any signs of being damaged or pinched. Regardless, thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its possible that the wire inside the insulation is damaged and not showing thru the insulation.