Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geobrian View Post
    Update. Replaced the air admittance valve recently. Out camping now and still getting the sewer smell from under our sink if I leave the grey valve open while hooked up. I don’t know what else it can be. Only solution for now is to leave my grey valve closed all the time except when dumping.
    It's a good practice to leave the gray valve shut anyway, that ensures you have water available to flush the line/sewer hose after dumping your black tank.

The only other thing I can think of is if your shower doesnt use a traditional p-trap. On my Momentum the shower used a Hepvo trap which looks more like a rubber duck bill and if that is clogged even a little bit I could see it allowing gases back through the shower drain which could give you the smell you are experiencing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update. Replaced the air admittance valve recently. Out camping now and still getting the sewer smell from under our sink if I leave the grey valve open while hooked up. I don’t know what else it can be. Only solution for now is to leave my grey valve closed all the time except when dumping.
    We leave the gray tank dump valves closed all the time, anyway. This is so we have plenty of gray water to flush the stinky slinky and pipe tailings after dumping the black tank. Leaving the gray valves open can also result in sewer gas backflow from the park's septic or sewer system if that's not adequately vented (and sometimes sewer flies from the same source). We've experienced this in a couple of locations. As to the initial suggestions (AAV), both the kitchen and bathroom sink AAVs were so loose on our new Solitude that they were about to fall off and were causing the smell! Tightening them up fixed the problem.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update. Out camping now and still getting the sewer smell from under our sink if I leave the grey valve open while hooked up..
    We had the a similar problem with ours except it was the gray tank for the kitchen which doesn't have an AAV but directly vents out the side wall, we too left our gray valves open but now we close them. I tried to attach a file of the plumbing schematic from GD for our Imagine 2450RL it will give you a perspective if nothing else.

The AVV in the bathroom system was very loose so I had to tighten it up, too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2450RL Plumbing2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	31377
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12