Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone buy from Lay-Z-Boy?

We’re going to go shopping at Macy’s and Lay-Z-Boy tonight for a new reclining couch and love seat. Never wanted recliners until spending a lot of time in them in our camper this year. I’m curious if any of you shop there and what kind of success you have had in haggling, like 10-20% off sale price?

I’m also considering Costco but their selection is poor and not that much cheaper.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had La-Z-Boy rocker recliners all my life. Used so much, I buy a new one every 8ish years and go through extra springs between. There is no haggling at their branded stores. Just sale price and occassionally they'll have overstock in a fabric that's not selling you can get a discount on. If the warehouse is close and you can pick up, that saves a little too.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our last, couch, love seat and chair we bought are lazy boy. A bit expensive compared to others but boy do they last. We're going on 10 yrs and where I always seat now needs new springs for the first time and showing very wear on the leather. Love them, absolutely love them and we'll buy lazy boy again.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it that the seat backs come off of the couches so they can fit through the door into a RV? Do they make a Lazy Boy specifically for RV's?

I've noticed they're pretty expensive for the quality of the furniture--even as recliners.

We're going with RecPro's 65" hide a bed in our Reflection for about the same price. The leather simply disintegrated on the OEM furniture over the Summer.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I take it that the seat backs come off of the couches so they can fit through the door into a RV? Do they make a Lazy Boy specifically for RV's?

I've noticed they're pretty expensive for the quality of the furniture--even as recliners.

We're going with RecPro's 65" hide a bed in our Reflection for about the same price. The leather simply disintegrated on the OEM furniture over the Summer.
    OP is asking for the sticks and bricks.

There is La-Z-Boy BRANDED RV furniture, but it's not designed or made by the company. Just licensing of the name.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    There is no haggling at their branded stores. Just sale price and occassionally they'll have overstock in a fabric that's not selling you can get a discount on. If the warehouse is close and you can pick up, that saves a little too.
    X2 no haggling but they do run sales on holidays.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post

On our previous TT we replaced the dinette with residential lazy boy recliners. Backs come off so they can fit thru the door. Very comfortable and we prefer cloth to leather-like material.

The model numbers we bought were:
    30R512 Pinnacle RSS Reclina-Rocker (right)
    30L512 Pinnacle LSS Reclina-Rocker (left)
    3CS512 Pinnacle Storage Console

When we traded in I replaced the dinette and sold the recliners on Craigslist.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent decades trying to find a La-Z-Boy recliner (spending WAY too much money on too many of them) that didn't make my back hurt after 15 minutes sitting in it (I have three bad discs in my lower spine). About eight years ago I discovered Ekornes Stressless recliners and never looked at another chair again. We removed the sleeper sofa from both of our rigs and have two of the Ekornes chairs back there.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I spent decades trying to find a La-Z-Boy recliner (spending WAY too much money on too many of them) that didn't make my back hurt after 15 minutes sitting in it (I have three bad discs in my lower spine). About eight years ago I discovered Ekornes Stressless recliners and never looked at another chair again. We removed the sleeper sofa from both of our rigs and have two of the Ekornes chairs back there.

Rob

I don't know if this would do you any good or not but we were impressed with Lambright furniture near Shipshewana IN. It's Amish made and appeared to be good quality. They make it themselves and will do custom orders. If you want more lumbar support or anything else they will accommodate you. If you are camping nearby they will even bring it to you and install it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I don't know if this would do you any good or not but we were impressed with Lambright furniture near Shipshewana IN. It's Amish made and appeared to be good quality. They make it themselves and will do custom orders. If you want more lumbar support or anything else they will accommodate you. If you are camping nearby they will even bring it to you and install it.
    Thanks, Gary. I am familiar with Lambright and admire their products. I will consider them when I have to replace the theater seats for Laura... but I'm a diehard fan of Ekornes Stressless and their chiropractor-designed chairs for my back. As a British water engineer I knew in Somalia would say (doing his best and hilarious John Wayne impression), "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast