User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    It's not right, but it's been a widespread problem for at least several years, long before the pandemic and this year's surge in RV sales made service availability even MORE of a problem than it already was. Even really major dealers with big service departments - such as the nation-wide General RV - won't help people who didn't buy their GD trailer from them.

Further, my own experience with dealer "service" was horrendous and many other people have reported horrific problems. Some here like to point out that it's mostly only the bad experiences get reported in a forum like this but man, there are a LOT of bad experiences.

So as @powerscol suggested call Grand Design, give them your VIN and let them know that your local dealer has refused to service your under-warranty trailer. Ask them to authorize a mobile technician. They won't pay the tech's service fee for just showing up, but they'll send parts to your location and reimburse you for the tech's labor to install them.

Good luck.
    This is what we discovered very early on. Also, if an authorized dealer you didn’t purchase from doesn’t outright refuse service, they place you at the end of the line. Moreover, despite the published prices for labor and routine “services” (furnace service, WH service, roof cleaning/inspection) they’ll tack on a “diagnostic” fee ($75 per 15 minutes) for every single service you’ve authorized them to perform. That really drove us away. We’ve already asked you to flush the water heater and ensure that it’s operating efficiently/safely, but you have to spend 1/2 hour LOOKING at it ($150 dollars worth) before you even start the servicing?????? Luckily, we have a small, local place 2 miles away with mechanics/techs who’ve been there for years. They know what they’re doing and we trust them.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To say my belly leak's been a bitch to fix is an understatement.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...k-tank-problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier this year, I had a leak from the same spot. I was camping in northern Arizona and it was very cold. It leaked the entire time I was there. From there, I went to southern Arizona. It was quite a bit warmer. No leak. I took the trailer in when I got home. The service people could not find any sign of a leak. They suggested it was possibly condensation running down the pipes. I have not experienced it since, but I have not been to anymore cold locations.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gstepp22 View Post
    Well thanks for the feedback. Actually I should of mentioned that the expanding foam had more or less fallen down around the drain pipes and was loose from the coroplast. So I ripped it off. I will start some troubleshooting for this and see if I can find anything as far as a leak.

Another thing I thought of overnight was that I did a different routine to flush the black tank. I usually use the black tank flush, but this time out I also used the flush on the rhino elbow where the sewer hose hooks up. Could be that I flushed it with the gate valves open to all three tanks. Is their an air vent that maybe had water shoot out and collect on top of the coroplast? Anyway just more thoughts. Won't know for sure until I test a little.

Hope I don't have a critter!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Those hose end flush things are worthless. Here's a vidoe of a guy trying different methods of black tank flushing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfTd0Slt_cU

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally had it tested for a leak. I could not find any dealership service location that would look at it. Well at least before the end of the year. So I had a mechanic friend and I take a look. We could not locate any leaks. Bottom line is that since we rules out leaks in pipes and tanks, that the only other other thing it could have been was road spray that got up underneath when I traveled home from the campground. It had rained for maybe about 30 minutes on the 2 hour drive home. I used caulking to seal around the edges of the coroplast and taped up and foamed everything hole I could find.

From reading more posts in here it sounds like road spray is very common issue. I should of thought if that first before concluding it was a leak

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gstepp22, you stated you drained the tanks before you left the campsite but did you leave the water pump on per chance?? I did in my last RV while traveling and developed a leak filling my under belly with about 10 gallons of fresh water that got drained everywhere on the freeway apron. Once the tanks and lines were pumped out voila no more leak.......until I filled my tank and turned on my pump next time. Just a thought.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. It's only a few months old and I never once used the fresh water tank or the water pump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12