Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linoleum in 303rls

Hi-1st post here- really great site!

My wife & I just picked up our 303 2weeks ago & haven't yet gotten to camp in it as it's still winter here in Alberta. We were hanging out in it today with the furnace running and she noticed that the Lino was ballooned up from approx the island to just about the couch @ the rear. I got down on my hands & knees & sure enough the air from the heat ducts was blowing underneath the lino between it & the plywood. The Lino was ballooned up approx 1/4" inch. When I shut the heat off the Lino eventually flattened out so that it was back laying flat on the plywood.

I was just wondering if the Lino is actually supposed to be glued down completely to the floor or is it just free floating & sitting on top of the plywood? It's a little weird & annoying walking on bubbled up flooring. Our previous rv's floor was solidly glued down.

Any help or info would be much appreciated. Thanks very much!

Darren
    Darren & Sue
    2015 Reflection 303rls
    2016 Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    Alberta

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darren,

We have had the furnace on many times in our 303 and have never seen what you describe. I would have assumed that the flooring was uniformly glued down . . . but, I don't know that . . . or how to confirm either way since there are no openings through the floor to examine.

I would suggest that you post your concern in the "tech section" and ask Grand Design directly, about how/why this is happening.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Darren and Sue!

I'd give GD customer service a quick call tomorrow. Introduce yourself, and have your VIN number handy. They will let you know right away if it's an issue and if so, the proper way to remedy the situation if you don't want to take it back to the dealership.

Their phone number is 574-825-9679.

You can also send an e-mail to [email protected] or to [email protected].

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies & info- I'll call GD direct on Monday to get it straight from the horses mouth (so to speak).
    Darren & Sue
    2015 Reflection 303rls
    Alberta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure to check the whole floor for any bubbles when the furnace is off. I had some bubbles that I didn't know about. Didn't find them until the slide wore a hole right through the flooring.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI for anyone interested:

I just got off the phone to GD Customer Service & they informed me that the linoleum flooring doesn't get completely glued down- just in a few certain areas- as is the case with most manufacturers. It appears that the heat duct isn't completely sealed with foil tape where it comes up thru the floor allowing the air to blow under the linoleum causing it to lift.

@pauliwalnutz: thanks- I absolutely did check the entire floor for bubbles- everything seems ok unless the heat is on.

Thanks again for the replies & info.

Darren
    Darren & Sue
    2015 Reflection 303rls
    Alberta