User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum Storage Enhancements

Our Momentum 320G has a lot of storage. It is just that some of it isn't very useful. Take the linen storage cabinet in the bathroom for an example. That cabinet had a ton of storage volume in it but not a single shelf. I fixed that by adding 2 shelves. That is covered in another post. In this post I am addressing storage under the bathroom sinks and outside storage. I added a shelf to the vanities in each of the bathrooms. I started by making cleats out of a 1 x 2 to support the shelves on each side of the vanity. They were notched on the ends to meet up with the 3/4" corner supports. I screwed the cleats into the corner supports. I also stained the cleats.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bath 1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	30136
    I got a shelf from HD and cut it to length. It had to be notched on the corners to fit around the corner supports and also for the plumbing.

Name:	Bath 2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	30137
    I actually had to move the shelf into position first because the cleats and plumbing did not allow enough movement even with the P-trap removed. Then I screwed the cleats back into place.

I repeated this process for the rear bathroom with the 2 more cleats and other half of the shelf. Now we can organize our stuff without having it stacked in a pile.

I also have a number of blocks in the front basement that take up space. I thought it would be nice to be able to put them somewhere else that was accessible from outside. The pass through isn't big enough as it stands. I always thought the compartment for the propane bottles was wasted space. I understand the requirement not to have a floor in there because a propane leak would settle to the bottom. But still it is wasted space. Then I thought 'what if the floors of the compartments were ventilated. I decided to go back to HD and buy some a wire shelf. After some measuring and notching of the wire shelf this is what I ended up with.

Name:	Propane 1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	30138
    The back part of the shelf rests on the frame of the trailer and the middle is supported by the brackets that hold up the propane bottle. I actually turned the shelf upside down so that there is a lip in front to hold stuff in when you open the door. On second thought it probably wasn't necessary. Even with the blocks in the compartment there is sufficient airflow to allow any propane to dissipate.

I repeated the process on the other side but disconnected the propane hoses from the regulator and rerouted them through the wire shelf.

Hope this has been helpful for you.
    John
    Last edited by Jaymee317; 10-14-2020 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That wire shelf idea is a GREAT idea! I'm stealing that one!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Me too!!!!
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

It isn't stealing if I shared it with you. But if the thought that you stole it from me makes you feel more like an outlaw then go for it.

An air cutoff wheel or grinder works really well for cutting the wire shelf. I got a 6 ft one and was able to use it for both sides. Just under $11.
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip. I've used that shelving before and it cuts real easy with a small set of bolt cutters as well.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip. I've used that shelving before and it cuts real easy with a small set of bolt cutters as well.
    That's a good idea! The smaller wires can probably be cut with diagonal cutters.
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G