Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
Hi Carl,
You're responding to an older thread. The dealer might be right. I personally wouldn't chance it. It only takes a few seconds. I'm not sure if pulling the red disconnect will also disconnect or not the solar. Might need to trace the solar cables and see.
On our Solitude, turning off the red 12v switch does not disconnect the solar system. Here in north Idaho in the winter, the solar panels can’t even keep up with the parasitic drain from the solar controller - we don’t see the sun for weeks at a time. So, I disconnect that batteries at the terminals. You probably don’t have that problem in California. If the sun is shining, even at a low winter angle, the panels should maintain the battery charge.

Also, at least in our Solitude, turning off the red 12v switch doesn’t disconnect the inverter (if you have one). Even if the inverter is “off”, it still has substantial parasitic drain. Our inverter has it’s own “red” disconnect switch. Don’t forget to turn that off also if you aren’t disconnecting the battery terminals.