Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting real.close to being OURTIME

After tent camping, at 51 years old, it was time to upgrade. Our girls are off in college and our boy is a senior. I have always loved to camp, but only would do so in a tent, and always around my fishing trips. I have had a fishing boat for years. It was always hard to sneak off for a weekend and tent camp while fishing with all the kids activities.
    We are learning again how to live without the daily activities of the kids.....
    Soooooo, we will be doing it in our new 22MLE.
    It's will be a nice size for the 2 of us on weekends and short trips.
    I will say I was a lil worried on towing, as I have only pulled a 5k ranger boat, and was worried about the higher profile. The 70 mile trip was just fine. I'm using a 2015 f150 with the v8. I think it will work just fine.
    First impressions after a day looking it over, is I wish we could or would have done it sooner.
    The PDI was about 2 hours, only thing I found was a small hairline crack in the bathroom vent cover, which they replaced on the spot.
    I'm sure we will enjoy it, and the few questions I had before purchase, this forum answered.
    No real fancy trips planned yet, but will sneak out a few weekend before it freezes up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201014_141637.jpg  

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBBY123 View Post
    After tent camping, at 51 years old, it was time to upgrade. Our girls are off in college and our boy is a senior. I have always loved to camp, but only would do so in a tent, and always around my fishing trips. I have had a fishing boat for years. It was always hard to sneak off for a weekend and tent camp while fishing with all the kids activities.
    We are learning again how to live without the daily activities of the kids.....
    Soooooo, we will be doing it in our new 22MLE.
    It's will be a nice size for the 2 of us on weekends and short trips.
    I will say I was a lil worried on towing, as I have only pulled a 5k ranger boat, and was worried about the higher profile. The 70 mile trip was just fine. I'm using a 2015 f150 with the v8. I think it will work just fine.
    First impressions after a day looking it over, is I wish we could or would have done it sooner.
    The PDI was about 2 hours, only thing I found was a small hairline crack in the bathroom vent cover, which they replaced on the spot.
    I'm sure we will enjoy it, and the few questions I had before purchase, this forum answered.
    No real fancy trips planned yet, but will sneak out a few weekend before it freezes up.
    Welcome to the group and 22mle. You'll love it. And you'll get used too and love having your time back. After a few months, you'll really start to wonder how you manage your time with all those kids activity. We had 2 kids in competitive skiing and another in competitive gymnastics. Looking back, I have no clue how DW and managed all that. Now we sit back at night and appreciate a good cold one or glass of wine and relaxed. Lol
    We did a 5 day shake down trip close to our dealer just in case something major would happen. Which it never did.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the purchase and almost being empty-nesters. It's great! I don't have a murphy bed model but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to flip the bed down instead of flip the camper on end like in your pic