User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12v fridge fuse keeps blowing while towing- Need Help!

Hi All,

We have a 2015 Reflection 308BHTS. Last summer we had a trip to Crested Butte, CO (Amazing) and noticed the refrigerator was off during a rest stop. I then went to look at the fuse and noticed the 15amp 12v fuse was blown. I think put another fuse in and started the fridge back up and it worked while at the truck stop. We then started towing again and on the next stop, the new fuse was blown.. That said, we made it to CB with the fridge off and put a new fuse in once we set up camp. Once on shore power the fridge worked great and we never blew another 12v fuse for the week. Since then, we have had the same problem on every trip we have taken. Every time we tow the trailer, we pop the 15amp 12v fridge fuse. Could this be something on the truck side, converter problems..? I am at a loss and would greatly appreciate any input as we would like to be able to use the fridge while in transit.

Thanks!

-allen
    2015 308BHTS
    2003 F-250 7.3

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at the wiring behind the fridge. Sounds like an intermittent short. Look for wires that might be rubbing on the metal. Good luck. If you cant find it run a new 12V wire to the fridge.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar