User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 2800BH - Price / Purchasing Process

Hello - I am gathering quotes and had some questions. Thank you in advance to responses!

Quote I have received by closest dealer:

MSRP - $40,297

- Discount - $12,502 (Includes $3500 finance discount)

+Itemization - $1594 (Please of Mind Pkg ($995) and EAZ LIFT R3 W/D HITCH ($599)

+Doc Fee - $399

+Title/Tag - $36

+Sales Tax - $2449.04

Out the Door $32,479.04

Are these prices in line and fees standard? I countered back at $30,000 out the door and awaiting to hear something back (I am also eliminating Theater Seating $561).

Also, they are saying it is an 8 week turnaround from the factory right now. Anyone purchase recently? Did GD meet that timeline? Really hoping it shows up before Christmas.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year I paid 30,250 + tax. Maybe could have squeezed a little more but IMO you're in the ballpark of a decent deal.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    Last year I paid 30,250 + tax. Maybe could have squeezed a little more but IMO you're in the ballpark of a decent deal.
    Got it, thank you.

The dealer quoted the end of September and now that I'm ready to pull trigger just re-issued quote and GD increased their base price $700+. So on the revised/updated quote we removed a $561 option and the price went up by $200. Think I'm going to put this on pause for a moment or look at used.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Golfer View Post
    Got it, thank you.

The dealer quoted the end of September and now that I'm ready to pull trigger just re-issued quote and GD increased their base price $700+. So on the revised/updated quote we removed a $561 option and the price went up by $200. Think I'm going to put this on pause for a moment or look at used.
    Or you can see what's in inventory at dealers in a broader area or on route from the factory under pricing before the increase (seems all the large makers already announced a price increase). Anyway, there might be one that fits you. You're also going to find the used inventory very low because of this year's crazy spike demand! Trailer flipping has become a thing too!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Or you can see what's in inventory at dealers in a broader area or on route from the factory under pricing before the increase (seems all the large makers already announced a price increase). Anyway, there might be one that fits you. You're also going to find the used inventory very low because of this year's crazy spike demand! Trailer flipping has become a thing too!

I've called a few dealers. None have any stock. And all the listings on RV trader are for items they can order for you, not what is on the lot or even on order (some are on special order, spoken for). I'll try again next season. I'm just not interested in paying $700+ more than a quote that is less than 30 days old. That has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Golfer View Post
    I've called a few dealers. None have any stock. And all the listings on RV trader are for items they can order for you, not what is on the lot or even on order (some are on special order, spoken for). I'll try again next season. I'm just not interested in paying $700+ more than a quote that is less than 30 days old. That has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Understood! If you haven't declined already, tell the dealer that price increase is a deal-breaker. See what they do. Before the enormous surge demand, they'd find a way to work out internally and with their rep. I know universally across brands and dealers, successful haggling has declined with the COVID19 generated demand. There's an incredible amount of units built, including those for inventory. However, there are not enough drivers and trucks to deliver them! I was in the RV mecca a few weeks ago and have never seen so much inventory in the transporter yards, factory yards, and pretty much anywhere they can find to put them! Momentums were even encroaching on the fancy GD office building! Lol.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2800BH on order from my local dealer in Eau Claire, WI. My price was similar. It's $31,000 plus tax. I did get the theater seating, 2nd A/C and it includes 2 Maxxair fans with remotes and a slide topper (fans and topper to be installed by the dealer). They told me 8 to 12 weeks, but that it is very hard to predict right now. I'm fine with it as we won't be camping until late April/early May. Mine does not include a W D hitch as they will install my Pro Pride hitch (best hitch ever) from my previous camper. I don't know if I was charged the $700 or not, but it would not be a deal stopper for me.
    Last edited by Hornsky; 10-20-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornsky View Post
    I have a 2800BH on order from my local dealer in Eau Claire, WI. My price was similar. It's $31,000 plus tax. I did get the theater seating, 2nd A/C and it includes 2 Maxxair fans with remotes and a slide topper (fans and topper to be installed by the dealer). They told me 8 to 12 weeks, but that it is very hard to predict right now. I'm fine with it as we won't be camping until late April/early May. Mine does not include a W D hitch as they will install my Pro Pride hitch (best hitch ever) from my previous camper. I don't know if I was charged the $700 or not, but it would not be a deal stopper for me.
    Hey did it happen to just come in? Small world if it did. We walked thru one in at north point that we were told was a sold ordered unit and it had 2 ac units and the theater seats

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's ours, we haven't been told it was in.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveylawncare View Post
    Hey did it happen to just come in? Small world if it did. We walked thru one in at north point that we were told was a sold ordered unit and it had 2 ac units and the theater seats
    Well, it turns out it was ours. I appreciate you asking if it had just come in. I called North Point and they said they had tried to call me but couldn't get though. It turns out we had a problem with our phone land line that we were not aware of, so we wouldn't have know it was in except for your post.

They still have to add the MaxAir fans and the slide topper. I also added an awning support for the main awning as we had seen our 17' bar starting to sag on our last camper and this one is 19'.

We will take possession of it in early January and they offered to keep in on their property until we want it in the spring. It just has to be paid for and have insurance. I may do that so I don't have to tow it on the salty Wisconsin roads.

I am impressed at how fast it came in considering the stories I've read about. We ordered it on October 10th and it came in the week of December 7th, so 8 weeks.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast