User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issue with Slide

The slide on my 2150rb has recently started to "shudder" when going in or out. As I've been watching it more carefully, it seems like one side is working a bit stronger than the other, causing the slide to not be nice and square when extending or retracting, and then the shuddering is the weaker side catching up. Any thoughts? Similar experiences?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What year is your trailer, and, have you ever lubed the slide seals and slide system?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to what Steve asked, is the gap equal at either side of the slide out box?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 2017. I bought it used, and it was in immaculate condition, but I didn't think to ask the previous owner when he last lubed the system. I have been traveling from the east coast to Arizona on my first trip for the past two weeks, so have been using the slide often. I'll get right on this as a first step. Thank you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsayNH View Post
    It's a 2017. I bought it used, and it was in immaculate condition, but I didn't think to ask the previous owner when he last lubed the system. I have been traveling from the east coast to Arizona on my first trip for the past two weeks, so have been using the slide often. I'll get right on this as a first step. Thank you.
    Here’s that two minute video again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4

It shows you how to get the two motors back in sync. Once that’s happened, when you use it, best practice is to extend or retract in one continuous press of the button (don’t stop mid-way) and hold button down for a few seconds after motion has stopped.
    Also, with your slide IN, you might lift up that carpet flap and take a peek under there-might be something jammed between the slide floor and the trailer floor. It’s one of the smaller, lighter slides, so you’ll probably get it sorted ok.
    Last edited by Houndbb; 10-16-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Here’s that two minute video again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4

It shows you how to get the two motors back in sync. Once that’s happened, when you use it, best practice is to extend or retract in one continuous press of the button (don’t stop mid-way) and hold button down for a few seconds after motion has stopped.
    Also, with your slide IN, you might lift up that carpet flap and take a peek under there-might be something jammed between the slide floor and the trailer floor. It’s one of the smaller, lighter slides, so you’ll probably get it sorted ok.
    The guy who sold me the trailer explained the importance of not releasing the slide button mid-process. I thought I had been doing a good job of staying on it, but perhaps I still let it get desynchronized somehow. I'll give this re-sync a go. Thank you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a really short video on how to lube the motors and what to use to do it as long as you’re consulting you-tube. Any “dry-lube” at the auto store will do, you don’t HAVE to get the green-can. Also, on our model, it’s near impossible to reach the motors from the inside. I just give them an extra shot from the outside, next time I open it after the first lube.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L