User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Popup to Solitude. Newbies from Wisconsin

Hello everyone,

My wife Mary and I recently purchased a 2014 Solitude 369RL. As well as a 2016 RAM 3500 dually. Rented a lot in Florida between Naples and Marco Island for the winter. Silver Lakes RV resort. If you’re going to be in the area, please reach out and let’s have a beer or five. Or better yet, we’ll serve up a good ol’ Wisconsin Old Fashioned.

The big rig lifestyle is completely new to us, so we appreciate the forums for learning. So far, so good. Thanks to all of you, and hope we see you out on the open road.

Cheers,
    Doug

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice jump up in rigs. Congratulations.

Nice choice of places to stay in FL.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Doug and Mary!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! We are still researching RVs in general and currently having second thoughts about any of them due to such poor quality control across all brands. It's nice to see and read about most of the Grand Designs folks having fewer issues than most all other brands. I've been reading everything I can find on all RVs for about 14 months now. I probably spend 3 to 5 hours a day reading this stuff; it's mind-boggling. We have not camped since we gave up tent camping on motorcycle trips in 2003. So; if/when we make the leap, it will be a big one like yours.

Best of luck to you and looking forward reading more success stories here on the GD site.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CruisinTx. Your right, it's hard to find an RV now days that quality built. With that said in 2019 we thought we were upgrading from our 2006 Alpenlite Voyager 34RL to a Heartland Big Country. That Heartland made me wish I had my 13 year old Alpenlite back. We had the Heartland exactly one year and traded it in for our GD 372WB. As stated in another thread everything worked first time out. Satellite system, cable, TV's, dump valves, leveling system, slide rams etc. You name it, it worked. We were ecstatic to say the least. Not all GD may be perfect but I will swear they are better than at least one brand.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougahmann View Post
    Hello everyone,

My wife Mary and I recently purchased a 2014 Solitude 369RL. As well as a 2016 RAM 3500 dually. Rented a lot in Florida between Naples and Marco Island for the winter. Silver Lakes RV resort. If you’re going to be in the area, please reach out and let’s have a beer or five. Or better yet, we’ll serve up a good ol’ Wisconsin Old Fashioned.

The big rig lifestyle is completely new to us, so we appreciate the forums for learning. So far, so good. Thanks to all of you, and hope we see you out on the open road.

Cheers,
    Doug
    Congrats and welcome Doug and Mary! That’s a big jump in rigs! I’m sure you will never regret it. Sure wish I was in Florida right now. Supposed to get 5 inches of snow here tomorrow!
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did a similar jump last summer. Only half retired, but loving the freedom! Enjoy!

Just about to head out on a fall wander in the Idaho & Oregon deserts.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide