User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fireplace in our 303 works really well. We don't like it too warm when sleeping. If the temp isn't dropping below 45 I set the fireplace at 65 for the night. It goes out before we get up so it can be a little chilly when we get up. We turn the furnace on and let it run 1 cycle to warm the trailer. Then go back to the fireplace. If the the temp is dropping too much I will leave the furnace on set at 60. That way if the fireplace can't keep up the furnace will keep the trailer from getting too cold.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem with three different fivers. For now I have an old license plate laying over the vent but I notice when the furnace comes on it lifts the plate slightly. I will cut a piece of 3/16" steel plate the next time I am in my shop to cover it.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced the OEM floor vent with a louvered one
    Set the louvers at one half closed.
    Cool bedroom now.
    No mods to floor opening needed.

https://www.amazon.com/10-Floor-Regi.../dp/B007CNEJ8C
    Larry & Jeannie
    Petoskey, MI
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 w/ NHT heavy tow option,
    AirLift airbags, Bilstein Shocks, Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus Tires - 285/50R20 116T XL
    Eeztire TPMS
    2017 Reflection 29RS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terry, Our 390 will do the same with only the fake fireplace running. I can set it at 72 and in reality it cuts off at about 75 according to the thermostat on the opposite wall. With the bedroom door open, it will get to 79-80 degrees easily. When the heat pump is running, it will run you out of the kitchen. The temperature difference is very pronounced when going between the levels from one end to the other due to the warm air rising and during the summer I have to keep the bedroom door closed to make the best use of teh A/C since I am a day sleeper.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=terryriddle;325948]We have a 2020 Reflection 260RD fifth wheel. While in Lancaster Pa recently, we needed to use the furnace...first time. While there are two temp controls, the one in the upper bedroom is strictly for the AC. The temp control on the main level is for both AC and heat. I have had a fifth wheel before but did not notice the significant difference in temp. I did notice that the furnace is located in the same area of the upper bedroom vent...when it is blowing, you can actually see the glow of the furnace in the ductwork. For example, to permit the upper bedroom to be comfortable, I had to set the temp on the main floor at 63. Even at 63, when the furnace kicks in, the bedroom will heat up some for a very short period, I mean heat up.

My thought is to close (block off) the floor vent in the upper bedroom. Our older fifth wheel did not have a heat vent in the upper bedroom. The problem is if we had guests in the lower level on the couch or drop down dining room table ( for a bed), they would be cold and we would be at times (when the furnace kicks in) warmer than desired. With that vent right above the furnace...that room gets hot really fast. With the main level during the day set at 70-71, the bedroom can hit 85-90.

Anyone ever have this issue and did blocking the vent resolve the issue. I would use metal sheeting to close it off. Thoughts and feed back welcome.[/QUOTE

We fixed it today. I took the vent out (one screw on each end) and put metal duct tape on the backside and put it back on the floor. Done!
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Reflection 295RL with the same problem. I put a Y in duct going to the bedroom and vented it into the living area from under the hutch. Less heat in the bedroom and more heat in the living area. Still keeps proper air circulation. Also, the metal, rectangular duct under the bedroom floor was open on both ends, causing too much heat in the pass through bay. Sealed those holes up and that also helped reduced the temp in the bedroom. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	733F5003-46B3-4140-B576-76C62DA65350.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	30281After pulling the drawers out of the hutch, it was a pretty easy mod.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heat rises, your bed will be three feet and ten degrees higher than the main room. we would set the fireplace at sixty and be plenty warm.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot In Fifth Wheel Upper Bedroom vs Main Level..

I just ran into this issue with our 2016 Solitude 385GK-R. My fix was to remove the OEM vent and replace with a residential style vent and damper control. I had to custom cut the floor for a perfect fit but it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	30296
    Last edited by Stevepn85; 10-22-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrinch View Post
    heat rises, your bed will be three feet and ten degrees higher than the main room. we would set the fireplace at sixty and be plenty warm.
    We will use the bedroom sliding door to control the flow to the upper bedroom.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12