User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forward ceiling height lower in M-Class vs. Momentum?

I'm trying to figure out some of the differences between the "regular" Momentum and the M-Class. Since the M-Class does not have a drop frame, does that mean the ceiling height in the front bedroom is lower?

It seems Grand Design markets the M-Class as a lighter alternative to the Momentums. But, several of the M-Class models have the same 20,000lb GVWR and a couple of them have higher CCC than the Momentums. The M-Class models also have garages that are quite a bit larger.

Other than the drop frame, I'm not really sure what differentiates the two models. Does anybody have any insights?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I'm trying to figure out some of the differences between the "regular" Momentum and the M-Class. Since the M-Class does not have a drop frame, does that mean the ceiling height in the front bedroom is lower?

It seems Grand Design markets the M-Class as a lighter alternative to the Momentums. But, several of the M-Class models have the same 20,000lb GVWR and a couple of them have higher CCC than the Momentums. The M-Class models also have garages that are quite a bit larger.

Other than the drop frame, I'm not really sure what differentiates the two models. Does anybody have any insights?
    I think that the lighter weight marketing started a few years ago before the G class came alongrage

My 2021 398M has a 21K GVWR and a 18’ garage

The only thing I see different is the pass thru storage is smaller in the M class due to the straight frame
    But that gives the M class more ground clearance
    Which is important to me
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the drop frame just gives a larger passthrough space but the ceiling height remains the same.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    I think the drop frame just gives a larger passthrough space but the ceiling height remains the same.
    That would be nice. I'm just waiting for one to show up at a dealer nearby so I can check it out myself.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch