User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic 310 Toilet Question

I have a Dometic 310 toilet in the 303RLS Fifth Wheel. The toilet functions properly. However, when you take your foot of the flush pedal and the supply water stops running into the toilet, it sounds like the the supply water is back flowing. if I depress the flush pedal again it takes 5-10 seconds for the supply water to come back up to full power. If I wait several minutes after flushing to depress the flush pedal to takes 20-30 seconds for the supply water to come up to full power. City water or pump supply makes no deference. All other faucets work fine. I replaced the main filter. Any ideas why the supply water pressure would drain off quickly? Thank you in advance for any help.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NW RVer View Post
    I have a Dometic 310 toilet in the 303RLS Fifth Wheel. The toilet functions properly. However, when you take your foot of the flush pedal and the supply water stops running into the toilet, it sounds like the the supply water is back flowing. if I depress the flush pedal again it takes 5-10 seconds for the supply water to come back up to full power. If I wait several minutes after flushing to depress the flush pedal to takes 20-30 seconds for the supply water to come up to full power. City water or pump supply makes no deference. All other faucets work fine. I replaced the main filter. Any ideas why the supply water pressure would drain off quickly? Thank you in advance for any help.
    I would be worried about two things in that situation:
    1) Like you wonder, why is the water back flowing, and
    2) Where is the water going when it does backflow?

Since your plumbing system is (or should be ) under pressure, the water technically shouldn't be flowing back into the pipes. Just curious, does your water pump keep running when you hear this water running back from the toilet? The pump will want to keep the system pressurized, so if it's not constantly running then your system is still pressurized. If the pump does keep running, then I would suspect a leak somewhere.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great questions! The system does not loose pressure as other water outlets are always under full pressure when turned on. I did switch to pump, flushed, cycled then turned off and did not come back on. Someone here asked about the vacuum break. I am not sure what that is or what it does. Any idea? Thanks for the response.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I don't know if the water is flowing forward after flush pedal is released. Does make a lot of sense! I will test to see if that is the case.
    Thanks again!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great questions! The system does not loose pressure as other water outlets are always under full pressure when turned on. I did switch to pump, flushed, cycled then turned off and did not come back on. Someone here asked about the vacuum break. I am not sure what that is or what it does. Any idea? Thanks for the response.
    The vacuum break, or I've seen them referenced as a back flow preventer, is a device that ensures water only flows in one direction. There is one on the toilet to prevent "toilet water" from back flowing into the fresh water. As an aside, we have them on our hose spigots on our house, and this is code in our area to prevent water that could be contaminated by stuff outside of the house flowing back to our drinking water.

I am a little lost that water can flow back at the toilet, yet you don't loose any pressure on the plumbing system. Sounds like to me the toilet is leaking, and maybe somewhere after the valve. IE, the valve is preventing the high pressure of the plumbing system from meeting the leak point (hence why the system can maintain pressure), but allows the water in the toilet to drain. I would investigate fast, incase it is leaking somewhere you can't see...

Ok, after I typed the above out I was looking at a parts diagram (hopefully the right one ) and it lists a hand sprayer for rinsing. Any chance is that leaking? Any chance are you using that rinser after you have released the flushing pedal?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did just tested and water does continue to flow after flush pedal is released and adds about 3/4 to 1 inch of water to bowel. Not sure if that is normal or not.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have a hand held sprayer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did just tested and water does continue to flow after flush pedal is released and adds about 3/4 to 1 inch of water to bowel. Not sure if that is normal or not.
    Yes, that is normal. You want water to remain in the bowl to keep the seal wet, and to control odor/gas from the tank below.

Is there any air gaps when you are flushing? IE is the water sputtering when you flush?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the start of the flush for 15 to 20 seconds YES the water is trying to come up to full flow. Then it is at full flow.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 3/4 to 1 inch of added water is in addition to what is in the bowel already. The water does run a long time after the flush pedal is released.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast