User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NW RVer View Post
    The 3/4 to 1 inch of added water is in addition to what is in the bowel already. The water does run a long time after the flush pedal is released.
    Maybe see if you can capture a video and review it with Dometic and this forum? Hate to say it, and hopefully somebody can help you, but "as the tree said to the lumberjack, I'm stumped"

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the valve is just sticking open. It's fairly easy to replace, 2 screws and a hose clamp. Although the factory clamp on the toilet is a pex type clamp, which can be a little difficult to remove if you arent familiar with them. This works on the 300 series toilets, I replaced the valve in my 320 with this one. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201018-070838_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	30196

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 10-18-2020 at 07:13 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Maybe the valve is just sticking open.
    Were you having a similar symptom?

If so, WHERE is the water disappearing? I've been flummoxed by the OP's report and held back jumping in. Even if all plumbing in the trailer is drained (as much as our so-called "low point drains" will permit) it doesn't take anything LIKE 30 seconds for water to reach our toilet but his plumbing isn't drained; it's reported to be at full pressure which presumably means full pressure to the foot pedal valve.

I looked at the Dometic 310 drawing when this thread first appeared. The vacuum break valve is very nearly at the rim of the toilet on the 310. Even if water could flow through a broken vacuum break valve and back against the pressure of the system - it can't - then the water that flowed back would be the water in the rim of the toilet and maybe the water in the supply line between the rim / vacuum break and the valve at the foot pedal. That's probably no more than 2-3 pints of water, likely less, which should not take 30 seconds to replenish.

Casting aside the impossible "it's flowing back into the pressurized supply" idea, I considered that water in the toilet supply might somehow be getting from the rim of the toilet down inside the toilet jacket and out its base and into the tank. But again, even if it siphoned back all the way to the foot pedal valve it's still only a very few PINTS of water at most; why would it take 30 seconds of depressed pedal to replenish that? Any pressure reduction on the supply side of the pedal valve that might permit water to return through it would be reflected in all of the rest of the plumbing system.

@NW River reports satisfactory water pressure everywhere else in the trailer, and reports satisfaction with the operation of the toilet once the water supply arrives at it, so unless his standard of satisfaction is well below most standards those seem to rule out constricted supply (debris, kinked supply line, etc.) to the toilet such that it can take 30 seconds to replenish a few pints of water to it.

So, where does the water go and why does it take so much time to replenish it? A real teaser.

@NW River, you wouldn't play a Halloween trick on us would you?! Have you contacted Dometic? I've seen reports that they are hard to reach but they do provide this information for support:

TECHNICAL SERVICE - Phone: 800-Dometic E-Mail: [email protected]
    RETAIL CUSTOMER SUPPORT - Phone: 800-544-4881 E-Mail: [email protected]
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @boyscout , I havent experienced the same issue. I replaced my valve because it developed a leak and water would end up on the floor anytime you pushed the foot lever down. I suggested a sticking valve because the OP said the water level in the bowl would rise a little after flushing. It seems logical if the plunger on the valve stuck a little bit, water would continue to flow into the bowl. It could also be that I misunderstood the OPs symptoms, the posts seem a little conflicting with where the water is going or how it is getting there, so I figured I'd offer a different suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12