User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backed my Reflection 5'er into a tree. The tree won!!

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here in a while and I hope everyone is doing well in this pandemic. Well anyways we got back from a trip this week and came back today. When I was backing it into the spot in the backyard, I thought I had the trailer jack knifed sharp enough and ran into the tree. I am very disappointed and embarrassed about it. I have backed 4 different campers in my yard for the past 4 years and I always miss it and today not so much. I dented the driver side corner and the long edge trim and the fiberglass is buckled a little and cracked the paint. I'm not sure if it cracked the wood or not. Here are the pics of the damage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_163032.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	30172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_162910.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	30173
    [[QUOTE]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_160858.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	30174[/QUOTEClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_162902.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	30175]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_172922.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	30176

I have never noticeable damage to an RV. I'm not sure how much it's going to cost me. Depending on how much it is, I'll pay out of pocket. If its a crazy amount, I will turn it into my insurance. I've already called the dealership and they will let me know what the preliminary estimate will be on Monday. I want to get it fixed asap before winter storage. We had 2 more trips planned but depending on when I get it fixed, we might be done for the year.
    Last edited by 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS; 10-16-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    Irf & Amy & Our Doggo/Furkid Mr. Brody, 2020 Reflection 337RLS, 2nd AC Added, 2019 Ruby Red/Stone Grey Accent CCSB Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate 6.2 Gasser, 4.30 Gears, Andersen Ultimate Hitch, Traded in: 2019 297RSTS And 2018 F150 CCLB 5.0 3.73 Ruby Red/Stone Grey Accent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moderators, can you please delete this post?? I posted this in the right forums. Thanks.
    Last edited by 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS; 10-16-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    Irf & Amy & Our Doggo/Furkid Mr. Brody, 2020 Reflection 337RLS, 2nd AC Added, 2019 Ruby Red/Stone Grey Accent CCSB Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate 6.2 Gasser, 4.30 Gears, Andersen Ultimate Hitch, Traded in: 2019 297RSTS And 2018 F150 CCLB 5.0 3.73 Ruby Red/Stone Grey Accent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backed my Reflection 5'er into a tree. The tree won!!

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here in a while and I hope everyone is doing well in this pandemic. Well anyways we got back from a trip this week and came back today. When I was backing it into the spot in the backyard, I thought I had the trailer jack knifed sharp enough and ran into the tree. I am very disappointed and embarrassed about it. I have backed 4 different campers in my yard for the past 4 years and I always miss it and today not so much. I dented the driver side corner and the long edge trim and the fiberglass is buckled a little and cracked the paint. I'm not sure if it cracked the wood or not. Here are the pics of the damage.

Views:	49 
ID:	30177

Name:	20201016_163028.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	30178

Views:	47 
ID:	30179

ID:	30180

Views:	46 
ID:	30181

I have never noticeable damage to an RV. I'm not sure how much it's going to cost me. Depending on how much it is, I'll pay out of pocket. If its a crazy amount, I will turn it into my insurance. I've already called the dealership and they will let me know what the preliminary estimate will be on Monday. I want to get it fixed asap before winter storage. We had 2 more trips planned but depending on when I get it fixed, we might be done for the year. Has anyone went through a similar experience and how much did it cost you?? Thanks for reading this post.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering you hit a tree, it really doesnt look too bad. Sure hope the costs are minimal and it doesnt impact your other trips this season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS View Post

Views:	49 
ID:	30177

Name:	20201016_163028.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	30178

ID:	30179

ID:	30180

Views:	46 
ID:	30181

I have never noticeable damage to an RV. I'm not sure how much it's going to cost me. Depending on how much it is, I'll pay out of pocket. If its a crazy amount, I will turn it into my insurance. I've already called the dealership and they will let me know what the preliminary estimate will be on Monday. I want to get it fixed asap before winter storage. We had 2 more trips planned but depending on when I get it fixed, we might be done for the year. Has anyone went through a similar experience and how much did it cost you?? Thanks for reading this post.
    Well, we had a similar experience, but it didn't cost us anything. We had the trailer in a equipment manufacturing facility for suspension reinforcement, and the guy moving our rig back to a parking spot after they were finished ran it into the block wall in the parking lot. Crunched in the rear street side corner near the tail light. The did a fantastic job repairing it - you can't tell.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch! Good news is, that can be repaired by a good shop for not bad money. First, the roof membrane is OK! It will just need the transition released and reconstructed after the repair. The molding is no big deal to get and only a few dollars a foot, but you'll hate the freight cost to ship it. Now you don't have cracked paint. That is cracked gelcoat. A shop experienced in fiberglass repair can easily handle it, and you will need to have the area painted because they cannot otherwise colorize a repair. It will stand out because it will also have a different texture, but with the busyness of the light and intersecting trims I bet the eye doesn't get focused on it. The roof sheathing probably also has some damage, but probably so little that it can be filed back and filled with a polymer filler.

DO NOT go to an RV dealer or Camping World for this repair. Find a specialized RV body shop (they exist) or find a shop that works on buses and semis. You're a bit to far out in Ohio, but if you're at a loss and want an EXCEPTIONAL shop --> https://www.hanovertruckrv.com. Cecil is great to work with, works with insurance companies directly, and has the contacts in the RV industry for parts, but do know because they're good, they're always backlogged.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Ouch! Good news is, that can be repaired by a good shop for not bad money. First, the roof membrane is OK! It will just need the transition released and reconstructed after the repair. The molding is no big deal to get and only a few dollars a foot, but you'll hate the freight cost to ship it. Now you don't have cracked paint. That is cracked gelcoat. A shop experienced in fiberglass repair can easily handle it, and you will need to have the area painted because they cannot otherwise colorize a repair. It will stand out because it will also have a different texture, but with the busyness of the light and intersecting trims I bet the eye doesn't get focused on it. The roof sheathing probably also has some damage, but probably so little that it can be filed back and filled with a polymer filler.

DO NOT go to an RV dealer or Camping World for this repair. Find a specialized RV body shop (they exist) or find a shop that works on buses and semis. You're a bit to far out in Ohio, but if you're at a loss and want an EXCEPTIONAL shop --> https://www.hanovertruckrv.com. Cecil is great to work with, works with insurance companies directly, and has the contacts in the RV industry for parts, but do know because they're good, they're always backlogged.
    Yes the rood membrane is in great shape and has no tears. That bodyshop you sent me is over 8 hrs from me. I appreciate you sending me that. I got ahold of General RV which is where I bought it from and they do body repairs as well. I am not sure what their hourly labor rate is. I figured its easier for me to take it there but I might reconsider looking for a regular body shop. Thank you agaun for responding to my post. I hope someone can get me in asap before winter.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I merged the 2 threads. I think there was activity on both so rather than loose any I merged them.

If you "Report" a post the next time you need some attention to it for any reason we will get a notice and get to this quicker. I only happened to notice the duplicate while perusing the new posts. The "Report" icon is the small grey icon at the bottom of posts (same grey bar "edit", etc. is on).

Sorry to hear about the accident. Most of us have done some dumb thing at one time or another. Hang in there....

Quote Originally Posted by 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS View Post
    Moderators, can you please delete this post?? I posted this in the right forums. Thanks.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me just say that you'll want to make an insurance claim. RV body shops are very specialized, and they're terribly expensive @ $150 (usually) for actual hours--3 times what a auto body shop charges for base rate (book) labor hours.

Many fiberglass repairs are made with regular bondo. Then they have to match the paint color and do a faux finish with wadded up plastic wrap--attempting to get the same texture as the rest of the fiberglass. Sometimes the paneling inside must be removed to get to where they can patch the inside with plywood--prior to bondo. Fortunately, your repair won't be very noticeable from the ground.

RV Body Shops are notorious for taking in far more work than they can turn out promptly. This especially so when they have to order cabinetry (inside) and paneling to match. The manufacturers' parts departments are also poorly run, and they have virtually no warehouses--have to custom order cabinetry.

I had an accident on my trailer, and it took 5 months to get it back. Hopefully you can find a RV body shop that's better managed than the one I went to.