User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by falconhunter View Post
    Here is a problem we were having with our 2021 260RD. I want to say at this time that Grand Design was willing to take my rig back to the factory to come up with a repair and possibly replace the entire side wall. I wasn’t comfortable with that nor did I want to have all those miles put on my rig and be without for who knows how long so I fixed it myself. Our wall is straight and solid now and the slide works much better, smoother and the repair looks like it belongs there.
    Here is a link to a video of the bow in the wall with the slide out extended. I have an extendable level from the top of the wall to the base of the wall and I have 1” bow in the wall caused by the cantilever weight of the slide out on the wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3GJ...ature=youtu.be

The slideout always looked out of plumb with the wall so I started looking at this more closely. Here is what I found.
    I was standing in the hallway on the top of the stairs and noticed the whole wall was bowing out around the slideout. If you look down the wall towards the rear of the slide you can see a big bow in the wall. It is very obvious when you’re looking for it.

I measured the width of the opening for the hallway at the floor by the bottom of the stairs and it was 27”. Then measured it at the top by the ceiling and it was 27” but when I measured the opening at the top of slideout it was 28”. The wall is bowing out 1 full inch!!

Next, I brought the slide in all the way and measured the opening again at the top of the slideout again and it was 27.25” so the wall flexed ¾” just by moving the slide in. This is way too much movement. All my measurements were done with an empty fridge and I would think they would be compounded with 100 pounds or so of food in the fridge and freezer. Here is a link to what the repair looks like from the inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtUBtcGYac

I have a detailed material list and step by step instructions as to how to do this repair. I feel this is a much better repair than what GD would have done and they reimbursed me for all my materials and it didn’t void my structural warranty. I did not want my wall replaced, that would have just opened up another can of worms and besides I’m extremely comfortable with my repair. I am a retired architect and home builder and had no problem doing this repair.

Chip
    Hi chip. Would it be possible to get some details on what you did. A month or so ago I noticed that the bedroom door no longer magnets shut. Didn’t think much of it. Then noticed that my slide was leaning. I looked closer and saw this large bow you were talking about. It’s bad.

I wonder if I should be using jacks under my slide? Can’t hurt.

Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlar76 View Post
    Hi chip. Would it be possible to get some details on what you did. A month or so ago I noticed that the bedroom door no longer magnets shut. Didn’t think much of it. Then noticed that my slide was leaning. I looked closer and saw this large bow you were talking about. It’s bad.

I wonder if I should be using jacks under my slide? Can’t hurt.

Thanks
    If you PM me your email address I'll send you the PDF with pics with how I fixed the bow. Chip

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted the finished video again on facebook.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-eV6sa77o

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you PM me your email address I'll send you the PDF with pics with how I fixed the bow. Chip
    I sent you the PDF of the repair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent you a pm
    I would appreciate the frame drawing as well. I am having similar issues and want to install the reinforcement that you have shared with us.
    Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I would appreciate the frame drawing as well. I am having similar issues and want to install the reinforcement that you have shared with us.
    Thanks
    Drawing sent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video has expired and I could use a copy if there is a way.
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 02-18-2024 at 09:51 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sharp View Post
    The video has expired and I could use a copy if there is a way.
    I sent you the pdf with the repair.
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 02-18-2024 at 09:52 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

My 260 RD has the same problem...I tried to look at the videos but they wouldn't play? Are they still available?

Thanks

Don

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just noticed my wall is bowed out too!

Quote Originally Posted by badog77 View Post
    badog77 said:
    Today 05:50 PM
    I am going through the same issue with my 260rd. Is there any way I could get what you have about your repair including the side wall plans they sent you? Also I can't get the YouTube links to work so if you still have those videos it would be great.
    email is removed per forum rules
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 02-18-2024 at 09:52 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast