User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @kent2970
    We've had our fun with the china bombs too this summer during a cross country trip. Currently we have our Momentum 350M in the shop getting an upgrade to the axels, leaf spring & possibly brakes. During this time well be replacing the tires & were contemplating Good Year. What rating are the Endurance & are you happy with them so far?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh yes, I too, fell victim to these tires blowing out. At 12k miles saw my right front one go so no damage To the rig but what I wanted to mention to you is that I got a tip from my tech at the dealership to go to Lionshead.com for warranty coverage on these POS tires. I fortunately got reimbursement for all 4 tires even tho only one blew. They gave me $90 each tire. So if you have a problem with these Westlake tires, get the DOT number and date of manufacturing as they will need that on the form and send it in with your receipt for new tires. I was more than surprised and pleased. Definitely offset the cost of new GY Endurance tires.

The link is: https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.com/warranty
    Last edited by Dpboofay; 10-24-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    I guess this is on topic but anyone know how to go about replacing these Westlakes with a 14 ply G rated tire ??

I want Sailun S637's but my local shops in So Fla all claim their equipment cannot handle the Sailun's stiff sidewalls ? (which is my main reason for wanting them !!)

Ironically... Sailuns are all Made in China as well... so go figure !!
    Thanks,
    Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I just replaced my Westlakes with the Sailun's last week. I changed all 5 tires. The tire shop I used had no issues mounting and balancing the tires. However, I had to take them off of the camper and take tires to them because they were not sure their jack could lift the trailer. I just made a trip to the campground almost 200 miles and it pulled great. Leaving to go back home tomorrow. One more thing, I had metal valve stems installed for my TPMS.
    On another note. My brother in law purchased a camper in Maine. On his way back to Georgia he had 3 of his 4 Westlakes blow out.
    Last edited by RobW-NC; 10-24-2020 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Added to comment
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Gypsies View Post
    @kent2970
    We've had our fun with the china bombs too this summer during a cross country trip. Currently we have our Momentum 350M in the shop getting an upgrade to the axels, leaf spring & possibly brakes. During this time well be replacing the tires & were contemplating Good Year. What rating are the Endurance & are you happy with them so far?
    There are a lot of reviews on here for the Sailun S637's. I just purchased a set including the spare. They are a G rated tire. Only been a couple hundred miles so far. Camper pulls better but I did have them balanced.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always, always replace your tires first. This is one of the ways GD and other camper mfgs save on cost. Got so save somewhere... just wish it wasn’t here. Sorry about the mishap. Additionally, check your tire pressure regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kent2970 View Post
    It happened to me. We have a 2019 Imagine 2970RL trailer. We bought it new in February 2019 and with the onboard computer system on our F250 PS we have towed it only 6,200 miles. Last week on a trip from Sacrament to Paso Robles, about 280 miles, we were 6 miles from the RV park when, you guessed it. The front driver side tire shed its tread (I made a funny). The amazing thing was that the tire still had 80 PSI and was rolling fine. We pulled off in the weeds on HWY 46 and changed the tire, with fire extinguisher in hand. We were lucky that there was only minimal damage to the trailer, none of which affected its drivability. BUT here is the education that I will share with you. The incident tore the cable out of its connector end inside the trailer where it plugs into the motor pig tail that feeds the front motor on the Schwintek slide. That slide houses the pantry, cooktop and worst of all the FRIDGE. In the closed position the fridge butts against the kitchen island, so no food, cooking or beer. Oh yea, this happened at 6:30 on a Friday. It also pulled the wires from the side marker light, which also feed back to the tail lights. so no brake, or turn signal lights, but that was a 2 minute fix. We called around and found an RV Parts dealer that assured me the new cable would be in on Monday morning. He was right. So for temporary use we just ran the cable from the slide motor into the bathroom where the slide controller is located under the sink. Pushed the switch and slide works. Vacation saved

Oh, bought 4 new Goodyear Endurance tires before the trip home.

So it's unfortunate that the Schwintek slide cannot be operated when closed unless there is power to the motor. When in the open position there is a way to remove the motor so you can push the slide in, but not the other way. Also I feel that GD should be running these cables through a protective conduit, since they already are aware that they sell these trailers with crappy tires.

I hope this will be helpful to somebody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry y'all had problems, but when explaining your situation and events, it's be helpful to indicate which tires you were having the problem with...ie...the Westlake E rated ST225 70/R16. My understanding is not all the Westlake tires have issues. I thank you for sharing your experience and i think we need more specific info to nail it down.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for leaving out details. I was tired. But the $690 I paid was for 5 tires. Also my research shows that the Tow-Masters I bought were manufactured in Canada.
    As for upgrading to steel rims, 2 years ago we had our right front wheel come off on the highway. All 6 lugs sheared off. I had torqued them and then checked after a few hundred mikes. The second check was about 500 miles before the incident. One thing the mechanic said was the aluminum has a harmonic vibration and with cone shaped lug nuts , as opposed to the flat ones with locking “teeth” on automobiles, they can loosen. He said 90% of replacing sheared lugs on TTs is aluminum rims. I have to wonder if the harmonic vibration plays into some of the “China bomb” blow outs. Not sure but for $200 I got 5 steel rims 8 lug 16” black to match the trailer on eBay. As I said before 30,000 miles with no issues, she pulls better and looks good too. 😁

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW-NC View Post
    I just replaced my Westlakes with the Sailun's last week. I changed all 5 tires. The tire shop I used had no issues mounting and balancing the tires. However, I had to take them off of the camper and take tires to them because they were not sure their jack could lift the trailer. I just made a trip to the campground almost 200 miles and it pulled great. Leaving to go back home tomorrow. One more thing, I had metal valve stems installed for my TPMS.
    On another note. My brother in law purchased a camper in Maine. On his way back to Georgia he had 3 of his 4 Westlakes blow out.
    Did you go with the ST235/80 or the ST235/85 on your 337? Thanks and regards
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJPellegrino View Post
    I'm sorry y'all had problems, but when explaining your situation and events, it's be helpful to indicate which tires you were having the problem with...ie...the Westlake E rated ST225 70/R16. My understanding is not all the Westlake tires have issues. I thank you for sharing your experience and i think we need more specific info to nail it down.
    Good point - mine were S205 70/R15. Can one increase size of tire and/or rim to get better clearance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'll look into that. Happy travels.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast