User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone looked at (or using) the Boar Wheels and the conversion from 16” to 19.5” set up? (See link below) They are using commercial trailer tires and not ST series tires. We just visited with a Rv’er that has alway changed his 5th wheel trailer to 19.5” rim with Continental comm trailer tires and claims to never had any problems.

Our friends just lost a chunk of their tires on their 10-month old 5th wheel trailer w/ factory tires yesterday on our way home from West Texas trip. Luckily they were 30-minutes from home and minimal damage.

https://www.boarwheel.com/cruiser-67...r-245-70r19-5/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Westlakes that are going on three years old. My wife refuses to go any type of distance until I change them out. Confirming the Goodyear endurance tires are G rated. I noticed some people mention removing their old tires and rims themselves. Then having new tires mounted on the rims and placing them back on their trailer themselves. How is this done with four tires or maybe I’m missing something.
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    I have Westlakes that are going on three years old. My wife refuses to go any type of distance until I change them out. Confirming the Goodyear endurance tires are G rated. I noticed some people mention removing their old tires and rims themselves. Then having new tires mounted on the rims and placing them back on their trailer themselves. How is this done with four tires or maybe I’m missing something.
    We’re on year three as well. All tread is wearing evenly, we don’t travel more than 4 hours at a time, and we’ve never heated up the tires-at all. We check them for inflation and temp frequently whenever we travel. Between delivery and our own travels I calculate they’ve got 5-8k on them. We’ll replace them with better when needed.

As for buying new and installing ourselves, we’ll probably do this as well. I can think of several configurations using bottle jacks, levelers, and stabilizers that would allow for taking the tires to a facility to purchase new, whether 2 at a time or all 4 at once. However, even though we don’t have anyone else around the house, we’ll still lock the door and maybe put a piece of tape over the lock.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodyear Endurance are an E rated tire.
    Goodyear only has the G 41, I believe,
    that is a G rated tire.
    Sailuns are quite a bit cheaper than the G41's. Double check me on that tho....

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by kent2970 View Post
    I think they care just not nearly enough. We had very good luck with them when our 6 month old trailer had many roof bubbles and the material in the center of the slide trim panels started peeling. They made 8 new panels, replaced the entire roof with an upgraded PVC material and covered the whole cost. I'm lucky to have a wonderful RV shop in Newcastle, CA called Affordable RV. They don't sell GD units but they are authorized to service them. They dealer I purchased mine from, Happy Daze in Sacramento, I will NEVER return too.

Now we all know they but a ton of these crap tires for a greatly reduced price. So why don't they buy a ton of the Goodyear tires at a maybe smaller reduced price. If they gave me the option to pay a reasonably additional amount for the Goodyear tires I would have paid it.

I live in Yuba and just purchased my 21BHE from happy daze back in June. I’m happy with my unit, haven’t dealt w/ the service dept yet. My roof has a few bubbles in it and I have a leak from my bathroom sink water line where the pex fitting is installedon the flex hose. I will have to look into Affordable RV for when it comes time for warranty work. If you don’t mind, what was the issue w/ happy daze?

The Westlakes have held up so far with over 3600 miles.

2010 Ford F-150 5.4L
    2020 GD Imagine 21BHE

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband jacked up one side, removed both tires , put on spare, and lowered jack so weight was about even between spare and jack. Took 2 tires to tire shop, replaced, and came back and put them both on the rig. The other side, we had already replaced one of the tires, so we just jacked it up and took 1 old Westlake off and lowered it so weight wasn't only on the jack and had it replaced before putting it back on.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the information. I think I’m going to change mine out to the Goodyear endurance tires this coming week. I’ll do some price checking. I think Les Schwab is the only place in my area that you can actually take your trailer in there for them to replace the tires.

Lance
    Lynne and Lance

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any strong opinions about tow master trailer tires at Costco.
    Lynne and Lance

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my bomba with GY endurance with less than 1000 miles on the trailer after reading the horror stories here. Thanks for sharing, great site.
    D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast