User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I broke down and had 4GY endurance tires installed on my trailer this morning. I did not think about doing the spare and probably should have. Now I can feel a little more comfortable when driving on the road. Thanks everyone for pushing me a little.

Lance
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    Does anyone have any strong opinions about tow master trailer tires at Costco.
    I don't even have a weak one..... I didn't know that they existed until now, but I will look into them.

97-5 Star reviews to 16 total of 1,2, and 3 star reviews.... I'd say that they would be fine if in the proper weight class. Among those bad reviews were complaints about shipping (UPS Vs FedEx), older date codes, mounting fees, and anything else but no failure complaints. One did complain of a single tire wearing out which indicates more of a axle problem than a tire issue.
    Last edited by ThePowells; 10-29-2020 at 11:38 PM.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some Load range D Towmaster’s on my utility trailer. First pair came on it and lasted 7 years before I changed them out of caution. Newer set is about five years old now. They haven’t given me any issues and hold air well. But this is an 1100lb utility trailer and I rarely load it as heavy as the camper is. I plan on buying the GY’s for my camper.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kent2970 View Post
    It happened to me. We have a 2019 Imagine 2970RL trailer. We bought it new in February 2019 and with the onboard computer system on our F250 PS we have towed it only 6,200 miles. Last week on a trip from Sacrament to Paso Robles, about 280 miles, we were 6 miles from the RV park when, you guessed it. The front driver side tire shed its tread (I made a funny). The amazing thing was that the tire still had 80 PSI and was rolling fine. We pulled off in the weeds on HWY 46 and changed the tire, with fire extinguisher in hand. We were lucky that there was only minimal damage to the trailer, none of which affected its drivability. BUT here is the education that I will share with you. The incident tore the cable out of its connector end inside the trailer where it plugs into the motor pig tail that feeds the front motor on the Schwintek slide. That slide houses the pantry, cooktop and worst of all the FRIDGE. In the closed position the fridge butts against the kitchen island, so no food, cooking or beer. Oh yea, this happened at 6:30 on a Friday. It also pulled the wires from the side marker light, which also feed back to the tail lights. so no brake, or turn signal lights, but that was a 2 minute fix. We called around and found an RV Parts dealer that assured me the new cable would be in on Monday morning. He was right. So for temporary use we just ran the cable from the slide motor into the bathroom where the slide controller is located under the sink. Pushed the switch and slide works. Vacation saved

Oh, bought 4 new Goodyear Endurance tires before the trip home.

So it's unfortunate that the Schwintek slide cannot be operated when closed unless there is power to the motor. When in the open position there is a way to remove the motor so you can push the slide in, but not the other way. Also I feel that GD should be running these cables through a protective conduit, since they already are aware that they sell these trailers with crappy tire

I hope this will be helpful to somebody.

Yep, just this week I saw a Reflection fifth wheel on the side of the road in our town with a blow out of Westlake tire! So grateful my 2021 came with GoodYear tires on it!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Yep, just this week I saw a Reflection fifth wheel on the side of the road in our town with a blow out of Westlake tire! So grateful my 2021 came with GoodYear tires on it!
    How do you know they were Westlakes?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    How do you know they were Westlakes?
    I had to stop at a stop light right beside the trailer.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several years ago my buddy and I had 2720 Trailmanor‘s. I opted for the extension kit and change my tires from the standard 14 inch to 15, they were Chinese tires under the brand triangle. I never had any trouble with my tires however my buddy still with the 14 inch had one tire blow. As some here know The Trailmanor is a single axle trailer. It tore the heck out of the side of his trailer and he had to change it alongside the narrow road as cars went by.
    In early 2020 my wife and I bought our imagine 2970 RL, and the first thing I did was to change the tires out to Goodyear endurance. During the heat of the summer we went on a 2500 mile trip through Colorado And Lake Powell. The tires performed flawlessly. Thanks to all who have suggested biting the bullet and replace in the Chinese bombs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 Imagine 2670MK, have had THREE Westlake tires come apart doing significant damage. Have owned trailers for 40 years and never had tires come apart like this.

Replaced them all with Goodyear Endurance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMan1776 View Post
    2019 Imagine 2670MK, have had THREE Westlake tires come apart doing significant damage. Have owned trailers for 40 years and never had tires come apart like this.

Replaced them all with Goodyear Endurance.
    I’m glade I replaced mine with Goodyear Endurance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sailun

Had 4 Sailun S637 tires installed 2 months ago in Lewiston, ID to replace our Westlakes, which were cracking on the sidewalls. All 4 Sailun tires say “Made in Vietnam,” and dated 3120

Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    I guess this is on topic but anyone know how to go about replacing these Westlakes with a 14 ply G rated tire ??

I want Sailun S637's but my local shops in So Fla all claim their equipment cannot handle the Sailun's stiff sidewalls ? (which is my main reason for wanting them !!)

Ironically... Sailuns are all Made in China as well... so go figure !!
    Thanks,
    Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    2019 F350 SRW CC LB 6.7
    2018 Solitude 310-GK, MorRyde SRE 3000, Disc Brakes

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast