User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had a blow out on Westlake G rated tires (110 PSI) on the Solitudes?
    I'm pushing 10k miles on ours next week.....
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, I've dodged the bullet on tire blowouts, but the factory tires did not stay on either the previous or current trailer for very long. My Reflections has 16' Cooper LTs on it, a carry-over from my last trailer. I had these on a Keystone Outback, but when I traded for the Reflections, I swapped them back, and sold the Endurance tires that came with it.
    I have read countless comments about ST tires being better because of stiffer sidewalls. I have not found that to be true. Even when the ST tires are aired to the max cold pressure, they still look like they are running low. Not so with the LTs. I'll never buy another set of ST tires.
    I also do not waste time trying to determine what pressure to run based on axle weight. The tires are designed to run at max cold pressure. To me, that allows less heat build up and helps with tire longevity.
    As always, YMMV... Literally
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that ST tires don't necessarily have stiffer sidewalls than LT tires. But Sailun "G" rated ST tires are a cut above. I don't know that I agree with
    the statement that "The tires are designed to run at max cold pressure.". The inflation tables are there for useful purposes. I use them and have found
    that I get a better ride using them. But as you say: YMMV.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oregonchipmunk View Post
    Had 4 Sailun S637 tires installed 2 months ago in Lewiston, ID to replace our Westlakes, which were cracking on the sidewalls. All 4 Sailun tires say “Made in Vietnam,” and dated 3120
    Hey Chip,
    I put my Sailuns on a year ago and gone only about 10 K since but loving these Vietnamese beauties.
    Yea, mine were built there as well, but I checked out their manufacture process and they build using ISO 9001 protocols for tolerance so that results in a great tire.
    I can see the difference in sidewall flex/ rigidity when parking.
    I installed mine wt billet aluminum valve stems and pressure up to 100 psi only.
    I weigh in at 11.4 K loaded on scales.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456