User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say thanks to all who posted!! We hitched uo yesterday and I did as was suggested, moved my light selector switch off of Auto - and I instantly had a pic on my rear monitor! Too bad I didn't ask earlier in the trip - LOL!!!

Thanks again to all who responded - that's why this site is so helpful!!!

Steve
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to all who posted!! We hitched uo yesterday and I did as was suggested, moved my light selector switch off of Auto - and I instantly had a pic on my rear monitor! Too bad I didn't ask earlier in the trip - LOL!!!

Steve
    Thanks for posting the final chapter. I appreciate knowing the outcome! Happy trails!
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve
    On my Ford the light pickup sensor for auto mode is on the dash, it's a little black hump. When towing I simply put a piece of black cardboard paper over it and leave the headlights in auto.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all power comes from TV

Steve
    Contrary to logical thinking, my 2019 25G Momentum rear Furion camera set up was wired to trailer 12 volt circuit. On all the time with battery switch on. I was able to move it to running lights. Brain fart on GDs part.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieB View Post
    Contrary to logical thinking, my 2019 25G Momentum rear Furion camera set up was wired to trailer 12 volt circuit. On all the time with battery switch on. I was able to move it to running lights. Brain fart on GDs part.
    On my 2500RL camera was powered on the same circuit as the thermostat. Added a remote switch in series with the power and use that to turn camera off and on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hangtown2500RL View Post
    On my 2500RL camera was powered on the same circuit as the thermostat. Added a remote switch in series with the power and use that to turn camera off and on.
    This is good information. I just installed a Furrion Vision S on my Solitude S 3350RL. However, the power remains on the 3 cameras all the time. Not a big deal, but it is another draw on the RV battery. How did you determine what circuit your camera was powered from and where did you locate / install the on/off switch. Also, we’re all three (3) cameras powered from the same circuit?

One more thought, the camera system I purchased, I believe is the latest model, it is set with LED Marker lights and it also has a fourth wire labeled “Trigger Signal” on the Marker Lights. I assume this automatically displays the correct view on the monitor when the turn signal is selected. This would be a great feature, but my 2020 Solitude is not wired with the turn single in the marker light unit. Has anybody attempted to run the necessary wiring needed for the turn single in the marker light to take advantage of this option? If so, could you walk me through the steps of how you did it.

Thanks,
    GA on my Mind
    Last edited by GAonmymind; 02-01-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GAonmymind View Post
    This is good information. I just installed a Furrion Vision S on my Solitude S 3350RL. However, the power remains on the 3 cameras all the time. Not a big deal, but it is another draw on the RV battery. How did you determine what circuit your camera was powered from and where did you locate / install the on/off switch. Also, we’re all three (3) cameras powered from the same circuit?

One more thought, the camera system I purchased, I believe is the latest model, it is set with LED Marker lights and it also has a fourth wire labeled “Trigger Signal” on the Marker Lights. I assume this automatically displays the correct view on the monitor when the turn signal is selected. This would be a great feature, but my 2020 Solitude is not wired with the turn single in the marker light unit. Has anybody attempted to run the necessary wiring needed for the turn single in the marker light to take advantage of this option? If so, could you walk me through the steps of how you did it.

Thanks,
    GA on my Mind
    I hooked up the camera. While a friend looked at the power light I pulled fuses until light went out. Once I determined circuit I searched for what else was not working. The thermostat did not. Figured thermostat would have some connection to A/C. The wires at camera connection were white and white with red tracer. Removed cover to A/C and found wires those colors group with others. Disconnected them and tested for power and connectivity back to camera. The switch fit nicely in the A/C area under the cover. Have is the remote switch I used.

https://www.amazon.com/Logisys-RM02-...2286427&sr=8-1

It is a logisys RM02.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Very helpful. The information on the remote switch is great. I didn’t even think about a remote switch. I was just planning on installing a mechanical switch and try to hide it somewhere fairly accessible. This would make for a much cleaner install. Am I correct in thinking the only issue is battery drain? It is not a problem to leave the camera on all the time, is that correct?

Thanks, Mark

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Very helpful. The information on the remote switch is great. I didn’t even think about a remote switch. I was just planning on installing a mechanical switch and try to hide it somewhere fairly accessible. This would make for a much cleaner install. Am I correct in thinking the only issue is battery drain? It is not a problem to leave the camera on all the time, is that correct?

Thanks, Mark
    Not sure what Furrion says. But if left on it will drain the battery. We turn it off once we are set up and when trailer is not in use. Additionally we disconnect battery when trailer is in storage.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good information. I just installed a Furrion Vision S on my Solitude S 3350RL. However, the power remains on the 3 cameras all the time.
    I'd like to rewire my connector so that trailer lights are always on (and the cameras too). Has anyone done this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12