Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Back up Camera issues

Hello All!!

I installed the Furrion Vision S 7" Single Camera Vehicle Observation System on my 2670MK (32' TT and Ram 3500 MegaCab) - took a while to figure out the install, but finally got it. It hasn't worked since.

The monitor turns on Not sure its pairing now, though it did when first installed it - had a great picture! Now - no camerawomen pic at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Steve
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello All!!

I installed the Furrion Vision S 7" Single Camera Vehicle Observation System on my 2670MK (32' TT and Ram 3500 MegaCab) - took a while to figure out the install, but finally got it. It hasn't worked since.

The monitor turns on Not sure its pairing now, though it did when first installed it - had a great picture! Now - no camerawomen pic at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Steve
    Did you turn the lights on or at least to Parklight position to power the camera? The most common problem for no picture on the backup camera.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the engine was running and lights in the Auto position - I think!
    Steve & Pat

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the engine was running and lights in the Auto position - I think!
    In auto doesn't mean they were on. Unless it was dark outside. Also be sure your 7-way plug is plugged in to the TV.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    In auto doesn't mean they were on. Unless it was dark outside. Also be sure your 7-way plug is plugged in to the TV.
    "7-way plug is plugged into the TV"? Dpo you mean the power cable connector from the trailer to the truck? If so, yes I can confirm that was mated.
    Steve & Pat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 way plug for the lights plugged in to your tow vehicle and the lights turned on.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will confirm that in the morning - Thanks!
    Steve & Pat

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, need to turn your lights off auto to the first or second notch on the dial. Worked that way on by my TT and now my 5er.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will confirm that in the morning - Thanks!
    Yep, just to confirm what everyone else has told you, your camera *should* be getting its power from the marker lights on the trailer. (Some GD factory techs wire it differently, but the consensus is that it should be wired to the marker lights power.)

When the marker lights on your trailer are on, your camera should be on.

The marker lights on your trailer are powered by your truck, through the 7-way connector, and they turn on when the truck's lights are turned on.

When your truck lights are set to Auto, the truck and trailer lights turn on when it gets dark out, otherwise they are off and so your camera is off. The truck lights can be manually turned on at any time - some say it's good practice to have them on all the time when towing to increase visibility - and when they are on the camera should be on.

Hope this helps.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a power LED visible on the outside of the camera that is visible to you. If that isn't on, then the camera is off (likely due to the running lights not being on, as explained above).
    If the camera is ON (LED is on) and you still don't see the picture on the display, try re-pairing the camera with the screen.

I have the same camera and despite know that i need to turn on the running lights to enable it, I managed to forget this on my last trip. As we departed the camp site, I noticed that I couldn't get the screen to display the camera image. I didn't have time to troubleshoot it so I headed down the road. Bothered by this, I started thinking about what could have changed? I did recently add an LTE router and wifi antenna and thought - I wonder if it is interfering with the bluetooth pairing somehow? (Not likely). I asked my wife "did you power off the cellular antenna?" "nope". Unable to ignore this little mystery, at the next convenient place I pulled over, shut the cell antenna off but still no joy with the camera. I checked the camera LED and it was OFF - not getting power. It STILL did not occur to me that I hadn't turned on the running lights. Then a couple hours later while driving through a tunnel, the camera image suddenly appears on the display! And as soon as we exit the tunnel it shuts off. Then I suddenly remembered the running lights and felt like an idiot.
    Mark
    2020 Reflection 303RLS 2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie HO Cummins
    2018 Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS Hybrid (previous)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast