User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the converter on my momentum 351m?

Just purchased a "new to me" GD Momentum 351M, 2019 model. I really love the unit, and there is no issue with the converter, but I can't find it and I'm a technical/maintenance sort of guy and would like to know where it is. It's not on the wall behind the batteries, or behind the generator, can't find it in the pass-through basement, the inverter is inside behind a cupboard but can't find the convertor. I've looked through the owners manual from stem to stern and it makes no mention of it's physical location. Any help will be appreciated, photos are even better!
    Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the pass through, behind what would be the “back wall” facing the rear of the trailer. Remove that panel and you should see it.

At least that’s where it was when we had to replace the one in my folks 381.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, what is involved in removing the back wall?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    Thanks, what is involved in removing the back wall?
    Usually there are 6 or 8 screw (3-4 on each side) holding the diagonal wall piece in place. That will get you behind the wall and to the back side of the docking station. On our Solitude, it was easier to remove the rest (straight portion) of the back wall to access the converter, which is bolted to the floor next to the steps. Be ready for quite the mess. Nothing is routed cleanly or tied up.

In the basement (not the front compartment) looking towards the street side. With the diagonal wall removed, you can see the back of the docking station and, for our trailer the water heater (on top) and furnace (below). The converter is behind the wall to the left.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9185.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	30193

Removing a number of screws along the bottom and a few on the top of the rear wall allows you to remove the wall. This is not hard to do, just time consuming, and you will need to empty out most of the basement. This will give (sort of) direct access to the converter (the silver box on the floor in the middle of the picture. It can be a little challenging to reach the converter through the plumbing and wiring. It is a little to the curb side of the trailers center line. The wood structure on the left is the stairs up to the bedroom.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9246.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	30192

They exact location maybe a little different in your trailer.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 10-17-2020 at 11:03 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Thanks so much. I'm betting it's in the same place on mine. Great photos and description. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW - the screws will the a #2 Roberts square driver. These screws are used throughout the GD units, now.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    BTW - the screws will the a #2 Roberts square driver. These screws are used throughout the GD units, now.

Rob
    Thank You!