Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New truck OEM trailer TPMS

We recently purchased a new 2020 GMC 1 Ton with factory TPMS. According to the docs, we can add up to 6 TPMS sensors for trailer tires. However I understand the highest low pressure set point that can be set is 99 PSI. Has anyone installed these sensors and if you have, how have you found them?
    Our rig is a 42' toyhauler with 3 axles so I also have a concern with reading sensors that far back.
    I really don't like cluttering up my dash with extra screens and power wires if I don't have to.
    Thanks
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea about your pressure setting issue but I’m curious about how well they work with the truck since I’m really considering trading the tundra for a 2021 GMC 3500 diesel.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See my post in this forum regarding the solution for reading all the trailer tires with the TTPMS. They will read the temperature correctly but pressure only reads 102. I set mine at 105 using nitrogen and they hold well. The GM engineers failed to realize that installing the receiver behind the rear license plate was shooting themselves in the foot so to speak.