Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squeaky springs Imagine XLS BHE21

Hi all,

When I bought my trailer two years ago, it squeaked something fierce. Not the sway bars. Anyway, dealer, finally lined something, not sure what and it went away. Fast forward and the squeak is back. Could be left springs? But I’m trying to figure out what I can lube that with and see if I can get it to go away. Dealer is terrible for service.

Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper77 View Post
    Hi all,

When I bought my trailer two years ago, it squeaked something fierce. Not the sway bars. Anyway, dealer, finally lined something, not sure what and it went away. Fast forward and the squeak is back. Could be left springs? But I’m trying to figure out what I can lube that with and see if I can get it to go away. Dealer is terrible for service.

Thanks
    If you have wet bolts there will be a grease zerk on the end of each of the suspension bolts. If that is the case then they need to be greased with a grease gun every 3000 miles. If you don't have wet bolts it could be that you have worn through the nylon bushings in the suspension and they need to be replaced. If this is the case I would recommend going with a wet bolts system with bronze bushings. These last much longer. Morryde sells these kits and so does Dexter.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spray dry lube between all the leafs and see if it quiets down...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will gamble that the bushings in the spring eyes are worn through, and you're hearing dry steel on dry steel contact.

If your model had the nylon bushings, it's certain they're long gone. If yours had bronze bushings, good chance they are also spent, especially with non-greaseable spring bolts or unserviced wet bolts. On our Solitude, all four bronze bushings were worn THROUGH where the factory had used non-greaseable bolts, and were in rough shape at the shackles where I regularly greased the wet bolts. This was in less than a year of ownership and a few thousand towed miles.

Installing a MORryde Heavy Duty Shackle kit will be a solid upgrade and will give you wet bolts at every pivot point to grease. Lucas Red n Tacky grease is my personal favorite.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania