User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On ours, the problem is not the black but the gray. To extend our stay, we use a smaller plastic bin in our sink when doing dishes (kinda creating a double sink) and dumping that dishwater in our toilet.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    On ours, the problem is not the black but the gray. To extend our stay, we use a smaller plastic bin in our sink when doing dishes (kinda creating a double sink) and dumping that dishwater in our toilet.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Exactly! I found an actual dishpan, smaller in size to fit half the sink at a dollar store. Not so wobbly on that dump trip to the toilet!
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Did GD state specifically 1 tank or just that there is 82 gal gray capacity ?
    As for the black tank you should be able to go (no pun intended
    ) for at least a week to 10 days with a good flush of water.
    The black tank is not the place to start conserving water, it is not fun trying to break up a plugged tank.

If you look at the GD spec for the 2670MK - it clearly states the quantity of 1 grey tank. On the link sent my others in this chain, it also states 1 tank, although a different gallonage.
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    If you look at the GD spec for the 2670MK - it clearly states the quantity of 1 grey tank. On the link sent my others in this chain, it also states 1 tank, although a different gallonage.
    That is total gray capacity, I did not see where it said 1 tank. They do that for all their models and honestly I think an 82 gallon tank would fall out due to excessive weight and need lots of straps to avoid that. Our 303 also has 2 tanks. Adding the external valve leaving both tanks open lets the tanks equalize to the 82 total and could save you a trip to the dump.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-20-2020 at 06:14 AM. Reason: not enough coffee
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Like others, we can go 9-10 days with no special black tank conservation. You will know when the tank is getting full, outside of the never-correct level sensors, because it will burp when flushing. Get familiar with this as a camper owner! Splitting of grey tanks into galley and bath is quite common in the industry. Some are set up to cascade, some not. The best thing you can do is invest in a tote. Get a Barker model with four air-filled tires. Skip the gimmicky one with built in storage compartments and such. You want function over form, and a rubber-tired Barker will last an RVing lifetime!
    I have read from many people that bought totes and never use them. My experience aligns with the above from geotex1. I often camp at state parks and national forrest campgrounds with no sewer option; I use my tote all the time. Mine is only 18 gallons, so sometimes it takes me a couple of trips, but it's not a big deal. The smaller tote is easier to store and maneuver: mine has 4 rubber wheels too. It's nice not to have to worry about waste water.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John is right.. For the black tank, water is its best friend. We have gone a week and ensuring a good flush so we know there is enough water to ensure a good dump when the tank is dumped. And two gray pull valves says you have two gray tanks. One for the bathroom (sink and shower) and one for the kitchen.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    John is right.. For the black tank, water is its best friend. We have gone a week and ensuring a good flush so we know there is enough water to ensure a good dump when the tank is dumped. And two gray pull valves says you have two gray tanks. One for the bathroom (sink and shower) and one for the kitchen.
    Kinda came to the same conclusion on the number of grey tanks, just wondering the size of each? I saw nothing on GD spec sheet.
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the dealership did not know either. GrandDesign can tell you based on VIN #
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello to all!!

We are new to RV'ing. We are gaining a lot of new experiences almost everyday! We have been on a nearly two month journey traveling in our 2670MK from Everett, WA. to Central Florida (moving back home).

Most of those nights we stayed at full facility RV Parks, primarily KOA's, or on a few occasions in Privately owned, but still full service parks. We are nearing our final destination within the week - At a beautiful state park in North GA., right on a lake - it truly what the RV life is all about and makes us happy we're doing this trip!!!

My questions are...

As we've travelled, we gain more experience and confidence. We really haven't boondocked, mainly due to reluctance in experience. But we are now getting our feet wet. We decided on a beautiful state park in N. GA.

At our last site in NC, I drained the black tank, then I hooked up my "purge" hose to flush the black tank further, knowing we were headed to a state park without sewer at the sites. There is a dump station near the entrance. Per the GD spec's, my black tank is 45 gal. We are into day two of our stay here and we have two more days here.

I know the idiot lights aren't dependable - but being newbies, both DW & I have our concerns. We are already showing 3 lights out of four on the control panel idiot lights.

We dont want to have to hook up to go to dump, then return to this site. We have been pretty diligent with our flushing. Typically, we go #1 a couple times before flushing and any #2 's we of course flush immediately (Sorry for the grossness).

Are we being too concerned?? Should two people be able to last without dumping for 3 or 4 days, when being cautious, with the flushing?? BTW, if it matters, we do use happy camper regularly. I also use the calgon, and borax treatment about every 2 or 3 stops at parks. What are the precautionary signs we should observe to alleviate any "bad accidents" of an over full black tank??

Finally, our rig, according to GD has one Gray 82 Gal. tank. If thats the case, why do I have two Gray tank T-handles???

Thanks for all your experience!!

Steve
    I also have a 45 gallon Black tank on my 300rbts Reflection. We just returned from a 5 day trip, just my wife and I. Because of Covid the bath houses were closed so we had to use our toilet 100% of the time and we do not conserve water, flushing every time #1 or #2 and we only filled ours 2/3rd full in 5 days. So I would think the sensor is wrong or something is not right about the way they plumbed it? Also, chances are you have two gray tanks, because of the two levers and because they seldom put one take that large in an RV. Ours listed total tank capacity in several places saying only 1 tank, but we have two, actually 3 including the one for the Washer and Dryer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 2670mk as well. We boondocks often. 10-14 days for two of us on the black tank. Don’t pay any attention to the lights. If you are wondering how full the tank is shine a flashlight down while flushing but if your tank gets full it will “burp”. You have two grey tanks and the bathroom one is much larger than the kitchen one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast