User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 17 MK 2670 two gray water tanks. The kitchen was the larger grey tank of the two it was either 42 or 45 gallon from what I recall. Black tank you should be able to get 1.5 to 2 weeks with two adults on average like others have posted.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    We dont want to have to hook up to go to dump, then return to this site. We have been pretty diligent with our flushing. Typically, we go #1 a couple times before flushing and any #2's we of course flush immediately (Sorry for the grossness)...
    Howdy. If you will pardon >ME< being gross for a minute, But unless your toilet is continuously leaking water into the tank, I do not believe that no matter how large or small you and the DW are, there is no physical (pardon the pun) way the two of you could ever use the bathroom enough to come remotely close to filling that black tank! You would be calling Guinness Book of Records...

We have been taking two-week vacations in the summer at Michigan state parks for decades, and the last 4 years with our Solitude 379FL. I can tell you that with just my wife and I (not skinny people), arriving at the park with empty tanks on a Friday night, can go 15 nights without having to dump the black tank. Now, my wife "occasionally" walks to the public rest rooms, but only in the morning if at all. I refuse to use the public rest rooms because I figure that if >I< am the one doing the dumping thing then I should NOT have to walk down the road. Besides, I always feel 'weird' carrying a magazine into the men's room. Also, I was the designated PCD person when I was a kid (Pee Can Dumper)!!! I've paid enough dues.

So, four days should not be an issue at all. Just remember to use paper sparingly, and using less water is far worse than using too much water.
    the water is necessary to help break down the solids and to help them dump easier. In the short term it may look like the tank is filling, but over time the mountain of solids (sorry) will start to disperse. Like the teddy bear says on TV...Enjoy The Go!!!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Kinda came to the same conclusion on the number of grey tanks, just wondering the size of each? I saw nothing on GD spec sheet.
    While the RV brochure gives total gray and black, the dealership originally said just divide the gray in half for each gray tank. I contacted GD with my VIN # and model. GD in turn provided me the total gallons for each of the two gray tanks. With a fifth wheel, the bath/shower tank is up higher than the kitchen gray tank...that is why one can not flow to both tanks like some have done on tag along RVs. That would be nice since the gray water from the kitchen sink is far less than the bath shower/sink. Just email customer service at GD with Vin# and they will provide the capacity for each gray tank.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve and Pat,

Congratulations on your new Imagine 2670MK. We have a new Reflection 297RSTS and I have a schematic from the factory on the waste tanks. The Reflection 297 has three waste tanks each 43 gals. Two greys and one black. The forward grey tank valve at the control center is for the shower, bathroom sink and washer (if installed). I labeled it #1 with a magic marker. The grey tank valve (#2) next to the black tank valve is for the kitchen sink.
    Just a couple of comments. I always use the black tank flush feature when I have full hookups. I recommend starting the flush and then immediately pulling the black tank valve rather than flushing after the black tank is empty. This helps stir things up so to speak. But a word of caution, do not forget to pull the black valve after starting the flush. There are documented cases of folks starting the flush and forgetting to pull the valve thus causing black tank damage. I also echo other comments for you to use lots of water for the black tank. Finally we have been using Happy Campers for years as a treatment.

Mauiboy
    2020 F250 6.7L Diesel Crewcab
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I’ve done in regards to the capacity. Hooked up a flow meter to the hose and measured the amount of water going into the black tank. I too don’t trust the lights on the panel. Went four days, the wife and I, after the fourth light came on never saw anything from toilet bowl before dumping. But I have a better idea since using the flow meter.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can go a week or more, black water isn’t the issues, it’s the grey water tank

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123