Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cable TV

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Cable TV

Ok... In our first month of full-timing in our 2016 29RS. We are at our first campground that offers cable TV and apparently I wasn't paying attention during my initial orientation re: how to hook it up. I know I have a plate in the service center (by the nautilus) with two coax connections. One is labeled "O/S TV" and the other "Pass Thru". There is another plate with two connections on the other side of the garage (on the curb side) - they are not labeled at all... Which one, pray tell, am I a supposed to hook up my campsite cable to? My understanding is that I should have the booster turned off and will need to run the channel search in "cable" mode... My first attempt was to hook up to the "pass thru" connection, but I got no channels in my search - so I'm reaching out before I try every iteration! Thanks for helping out the newbie!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Duh! I think I've solved this one myself... When I turned on the light in the compartment, I was able to see that there was a "cable" coax connection right on the nautilus system itself!! (now I'm just wondering what those other two coax connection plates are for!?)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe one is for the outside TV on the curbside and the other one is for satellite.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyo528 View Post
    Well, Duh! I think I've solved this one myself... When I turned on the light in the compartment, I was able to see that there was a "cable" coax connection right on the nautilus system itself!! (now I'm just wondering what those other two coax connection plates are for!?)
    Ha ha ha! I have a 2020 29RS And I went through the exact same thing. The nub marked "Cable" sends a signal to both the interior TV and the one in the Outside Kitchen.
    It took me a bit to figure that out too. (After I connected to every other input I could find)
    I sure wish they would have installed a light in the outside kitchen hatch. How hard would that have been to do? I'm going to add one myself here in a couple of weeks.

Happy Trails!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax