User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofManyStangs View Post
    Thinking about ordering a 2021 GMC 3500 SRW to pull a 381m. Rated for 21300# fifth wheel just don't really want to make the leap to DRW because of Kentucky roads. Everyone think I will be ok?
    I was going to go same route. I had a duramax 2500; problem was the ccc was 3087 and pin weight was 2785. So I said let’s go to a SRW 3500. Now after looking at the numbers for the 3500; the ccc was 3745 and pin weight was 3100; what would I achieve by upgrading to SRW, not much really. I went ahead and got the dually with a ccc of 5400 and pin weight of 4700. Best of luck on your decision, but if the weights are even close to 3500 SRW, it’s not worth it, the dually really wasn’t that much more price wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just joined forum this week. I plan to get F350, SRW, 6.7 with as heavy suspension as possible. My wife does not want a dully as it will be our only vehicle.
    Trying to decide between Solitude 390, rear kitchen and Redwood 4001 LK, rear kitchen. Both have GW 16,800.
    I plan to use Anderson hitch to save weight.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we have ordered a 399th, all the numbers I ran indicated that we needed a BA Truck. So we went with a F450 DRW. No matter how you slice it the tongue weight of a 20K 5th wheel on any of the 1 ton platforms (3500 or F350) especially SRWs leaves you none if any wiggle room on the tow vehicle capacity. We currently own a 2013 Ram 3500 and I so wanted to make that work but it was not to be. When it comes to being safe having the right sized truck to pull that big of a RV is never a wrong move.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofManyStangs View Post
    Guys many thanks. I guess I'll order a dually. I was really wanting the Black Diamond Edition.
    As the owner of a 350 DRW, pulling a 16K GVWR 5er,
    I would feel better with a 450 type truck for that beast. My truck payload BTW, is 5320 lbs. Lariat trim.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No opinion on what truck you should buy but I ordered by new 2021 Silverado 2500 on Aug. 8th and I have not heard a word yet from the dealer, no build date or anything. Originally they advised me late Oct early Nov. I am starting to get concerned it will be here for our trip to Moab in April. Anyway be aware the HD Chevrolet/GMC seem to be backlogged.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsickler View Post
    No opinion on what truck you should buy but I ordered by new 2021 Silverado 2500 on Aug. 8th and I have not heard a word yet from the dealer, no build date or anything. Originally they advised me late Oct early Nov. I am starting to get concerned it will be here for our trip to Moab in April. Anyway be aware the HD Chevrolet/GMC seem to be backlogged.
    What trailer you buying. I actually bought a Chevy 2500 duramax; but after carefully looking at the numbers on the toy hauler we wanted knew I was under matched. I could pull the trailer, I just couldn’t carry it if that makes sense. Less then 2 months later I traded it in on a Denali 3500 drw.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiejack75 View Post
    As the owner of a 350 DRW, pulling a 16K GVWR 5er,
    I would feel better with a 450 type truck for that beast. My truck payload BTW, is 5320 lbs. Lariat trim.
    I have a Denali 3500drw and my ccc is 5700lbs

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randy.rayford View Post
    Just joined forum this week. I plan to get F350, SRW, 6.7 with as heavy suspension as possible. My wife does not want a dully as it will be our only vehicle.
    Trying to decide between Solitude 390, rear kitchen and Redwood 4001 LK, rear kitchen. Both have GW 16,800.
    I plan to use Anderson hitch to save weight.
    It all depends on what you intend to take with you when you travel. I could theoretically tow our 303 with a 250 but there's no chance considering the way we travel.
    With a kyak, generator, extra propane, golf clubs, electric bikes, tools, extra batteries and inverter, some firewood plus all the usual stuff (kitchen gear, food, clothing)etc. we are within 500 lbs. of the limit on both truck and trailer GVW with our 3500HD. We couldn't have a heavier trailer with this truck even though it has CCC of 3,600.
    If you travel light, everything changes.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigwhtman View Post
    What trailer you buying. I actually bought a Chevy 2500 duramax; but after carefully looking at the numbers on the toy hauler we wanted knew I was under matched. I could pull the trailer, I just couldn’t carry it if that makes sense. Less then 2 months later I traded it in on a Denali 3500 drw.
    We just have a 260RD that we currently pull with my dads F-250 which is fine. I have a Tundra which does not meet requirements for towing our 5th wheel which I am getting rid of in place of the Silverado 2500, if it ever comes in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12