Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blind for rear/garage door?

Anyone put up a blind to cover the big rear door on the Momentum. I'm sitting here now with blinding sun in my eyes thinking "need a blind", just not sure what to get or would be best. I want to keep the patio down, but just want to put up a blind so I can have some privacy (you can see clear to the bedroom at night standing behind the rig) and also not go blind working back here when the sun is in the wrong spot. Thinking some full length patio door type blinds would do it, but there's not much room between the bed/couch and the rear, so need to do it with very low profile mounts. Anyway, wanted to see if anyone has done this and what they used.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't done it but how 'bout just a few snaps and whatever fabric works for you? Easy peezy
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would certainly work, but I'd really like something on a track or a rod so I could just open/close it as needed. Like now, it's great, no sun in my eyes, but when I wrote the message a few hours ago I would have really liked to have a blind closed. And at night, of course, both for privacy and because my dogs look out the door and bark. So I'd really like something that was dead simple to open/close

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could probably use something similar to a shower curtain and put the rings on the round Hapijac bar that runs across the top.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a roll up blind from select blinds...black on the outside and white on the inside. Doubles as a movie screen. We opted for the manual roller. They have remote control also. Let's the kids sleep when the sun comes up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put up 2 black out curtains. I think they were 60W x 96L ea. Works good with the narrow space between the bed and the sliding doors.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad this got bumped, I forgot about it and I've added the curtain and, so far, very happy with it.

This is what I got:

https://www.amazon.com/PASSENGER-PIG...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

With the following options:

Mount Type : Outside(Select Shade Size)
    Width : 93" W
    Width Fraction : 0
    Height : 109" H
    Exact WINDOW WIDTH by HEIGHT (to the 1/16th inch) : 90x90
    Shade Fabric Type : Blackout
    Shade Top Construction Type : Without Valance
    Bottom Rod Fixing Hardware : Not Required

Worked out very well, it mounted easily into the metal around the door, covers pretty much from edge to edge, will come all the way to the floor. Easy to pull up/put down. You don't even see it up there unless you're really looking for it, the bunk hides it. The beds move freely with the curtain up or down, completely out of they way of the tracks. I'll try to get some pictures next time I'm out there, but, overall, major improvement, a little bit quieter, a lot darker at night with the garage down, no barking dogs, happy wife!

Total cost when you add all the options was around 300 bucks. Took forever to come in, so if you want one, order now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overtaxed:
    Could you send a picture of the finished product and expand more on exactly how you mounted the curtain?
    Thanks,
    John
    GD 21 G Momentum

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johne8398 View Post
    Overtaxed:
    Could you send a picture of the finished product and expand more on exactly how you mounted the curtain?
    Thanks,
    John
    GD 21 G Momentum
    Unfortunately, I just sold the RV that had the shade in it. But, perhaps even more fortunately, I bought another RV and will be installing the shade again, so I'll get some pictures for you when I do it.

The shade that I linked mounts to two brackets. I installed them up near the roof into the rear wall. Since I couldn't be sure I was in a stud/structure, I used a 2 part epoxy as well; not sure that was entirely necessary, but it never fell despite some wildly rough roads. It was really simple to do, just drop the top bunk of the HappiJack, and then get up there; measure from the roof and drive in the first side. Then, with a helper, hold the shade in position to find the best spot for the 2nd side. 2 screws in each side.

Doing it again, I might go with an electric (battery) shade. The chain that hangs down isn't as strong as I'd like it to be, I broke it once (rolling the shade back up) and it's a little hard to use, especially if you want to keep the sofa down when traveling.

But I like it enough that I bought another one for the new RV, if that tells you anything? Again, I'll get some pictures when I do it again, but if you have any questions before then, happy to try to help!
    2020 Grand Design 351M (sold)
    2022 Luxe 44FB
    2019 F450 KR w/Hensley BD5F

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, do you have a link to the "electric (battery) shade."

Looking forward to viewing the pics!

Thanks,
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast