Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV Cable connection

Connecting RV park TV cable and watching it on the TV should be intuitive and easy thing to accomplish, it has been in every other RV I've owned. But after a frustrating afternoon yesterday of attempting to get a cable signal to the TV I have temporarily given up before I take it out on the trailer. The owners manual is generic and gives absolutely zero information about much of anything, let alone a schematic or two. I only have the one TCL TV in the living area provided by GD. There are three cable inputs in the front bay to connect park cable to and labled living room, cable and bedroom. I connected to "cable" presuming it feeds the signal through a splitter to other interior cable outputs. All other RVs I have owned had only one cable input, not three. Configured the TV to cable input and scanned, got zero channels. Did the same with the input for the living room, same result. Ran the park cable through the window and connected directly to the TV eliminating all trailer connections, scanned and viola, 62 cable channels found, worked perfectly. Removed the cable input connection from the trailer and found the cable connectors loose, so I tightened them and tried again, same results. Same with the OTA signal amplifier in the living room cabinet where four cables are connected. Tried scanning with it turned ON and OFF, same results. So the problem is somewhere in the trailer, perhaps the splitter is not the proper MHz rating, but I don't know where it is. I realize I am frustrated and venting a little here and I apologize for that. But, can anyone help me with this problem on how to get a cable signal through the trailer to the TV?
    Andy & Jean Harmon & Dakota (our traveling Aussie buddy)
    Beverly Hills FL
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2018 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andy, not sure if this will work but worth a try. Somewhere behind you tv there should be a booster for the Antenna. Usually a small round push button that when on will have an LED that lights up. Try turing that off. I think that might switch the the cable input connection from antenna to cable.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like TXkmpr said, on our 22RBE i had the same issue first time i tried it. Come to find out there is a little black button with an LED light to the right of the tv & just behind on our trailer anyway, after trying everything else i pushed that button and it worked. If i remember right it switched from red to green. I assume it switches it from antenna to cable but i could be wrong, any how give that a try.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the info. I had already tried what you suggested without success though. Went fishing yesterday and didn't mess with it. I'll get back on it today start taking things apart to find the gremlin. It would really be beneficial if GD provided their customers with quality technical information and schematics though.
    Beverly Hills FL
    2017 Imagine 2670MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Andy, again might not be much help, but read through the link below before you start tearing into things too much. It sounds like the trailer is setup for cable and satellite? Also, maybe mis-labled. Good luck!

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...atellite-to-RV

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted GD customer service to find the location of the splitter, which I suspected was the culprit. Per their representative there is no splitter prior to the Antenna Tek power supply, the first node from the outside cable connection is the power supply and from their the cable TV splits to the bedroom. Once I removed it I tested the power supply and there was no continuity through it, so I just connected the cable to the power supply directly to the TV and the problem is temporarily fixed. Antenna Tek sells them for $15.95, so when we get home I'll replace it. GD customer representative was most helpful and I appreciate their service. Thanks also for the forum member help.
    Beverly Hills FL
    2017 Imagine 2670MK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy,
    Took me a few years to straighten out my system in my 337RLS. All the cable connectors were loose and a few splitters in backwards. Stay the course your on and one connection point at a time back to the tv with a temp line. Also, splitter doing my radio antenna connection was bad also. Radio uses my outside air antenna for the signal, outside air antenna connection loose in the antenna itself too. Opened and tighten up. My Tek power supply also was bad, replaced. Your slideout with the TV also have connection points under the underbelly. Need to unscrew the bolts holding the underbelly to the frame where the bundle of cables goes in from the slide. Should be able to reach it with your hand. Connection there to. Mine was almost off. Also, the campground connection point sometimes get dirty and corroded. I clean it with WD-40 and a piece of RG6 cable stripped back and I put little ribs in the center wire. In and out a few time and no more snow or lines. This was a big headache but with patience it can be fixed.
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHarmon View Post
    Thanks guys for the info. I had already tried what you suggested without success though. Went fishing yesterday and didn't mess with it. I'll get back on it today start taking things apart to find the gremlin. It would really be beneficial if GD provided their customers with quality technical information and schematics though.
    I seem to have an bad satellite line as well. Direct satellitr to reciever works fine. When connect to the living room port in the control bay, it does not find the satellite at all. Ive pulled off the faceplates behind tv and in the control bay and finger tightened them and that has had no effect. I would recommend in a buyers walk through to check and see if all outlets actually work. Bit of a quality control issue but am not dropping the cloroplast to rerun a new line. Will bring it through a window or something.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy,
    Funny you would say that, I was going to mention that also:
    Installed a exterior connection point closest to the satellite receiver area ( mine was outside of my slideout behind my fireplace ) like below from Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-38160...3999362&sr=8-4
    Then went direct to receiver. Simple. I had enough issues when dodging trees and other obstacles when setting up with also dealing with the factory connections. Keeping the length of cable at a minimum between the dish and receiver is important. This gave me more exterior cable to move to the best location. I only will use 1 receiver in the rig so this worked for me.
    Hope this helps.
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Direct wire

Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    I seem to have an bad satellite line as well. Direct satellitr to reciever works fine. When connect to the living room port in the control bay, it does not find the satellite at all. Ive pulled off the faceplates behind tv and in the control bay and finger tightened them and that has had no effect. I would recommend in a buyers walk through to check and see if all outlets actually work. Bit of a quality control issue but am not dropping the cloroplast to rerun a new line. Will bring it through a window or something.
    I simply drilled a hole in Trailer wall and installed a cable in adapter with rubber cover. My Wally is on the other side. I use it with a slide/push on connector from the cable to the dish. I also use it for the cable in if the campground provides cable. This way I can leave the antenna and it’s power booster the way it was set up from factory. Quick 10 buck fix. Furrion makes a cable in connector with cover, but the simple rubber ones work and look just as good for a third the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast