User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you could say we were lucky, we won our Furion backup camera in a raffle at one of the GD rally's. It worked well on our Imagine and now the Solitude, we've had it 4 years now. We don't totally rely on it but its nice to see whats going on behind us. It wouldn't have been too high on our priority list if we had to buy it. Wife is the spotter backing or pulling into a site, using cell phone or 2 way radios.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at Haloview. They are great cameras and fit the furion mount

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tadi Brothers has the best cameras/options and best for the money. The BEST customer service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got the one from Hopkins Towing Solutions. It works with the smartphone (Wi-Fi), so there is no need for an additional monitor in the truck, and it's quite affordable (~$120). It did not fit the Furrion mount, but I was able to adapt the bracket included to fit well enough after filing away just a little bit of the plastic on the opening. Here's a link if you're interested: https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-Towin.../dp/B0876F9ZY1.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    My new Grand Design TT is prewired for a Furrion backup camera. Pricing on these seem high. Is Furrion a good choice? Could anyone suggest what might be my best option regarding a backup and rear view monitoring camera?
    We have the Furrion camera on the back of our fifth wheel. We love it as we can watch our bikes on the back of the trailer and see cars behind us.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the same device through Amazon as Calbar, though mine was a different vendor - same price at $150. I wish I had known about the Furrion mount adapter though. The camera has a very wide field of view, but not as tall as I'd like. Mine is aimed to see traffic so I can't see close enough to the trailer for backing. The wide angle makes things look far away like a convex mirror. My vendor shipped me an extra camera which I'm trying to mount in the bed to watch where the pin/wedge is relative to the hitch opening.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 7in 3 camera setup from Furrion that is a "monitor" (you can use it at speed). I really like it for highway driving, you get a real clear view from the rear camera if you're clear or someone (changing lanes); I basically use it like my rear view mirror. However, the other 2 cameras (sides) are only a step above worthless. The cameras are great, the view is great, but, in for some reason, Furrion decided that you can't have 3 cameras on at once for more than 30 seconds. Yes, you read that right. I can click a button and get a "4up" view, it's great, I can see both sides of the trailer and the rear at one time. But then it will hop to another view in about 30 seconds where you can only see a single camera. Yes, this is how it's supposed to operate (why?? I have no idea). So, 99.999% of the time, I'm just looking at the rear, if I had it to do over, I would skip the side cameras because, well, they are basically useless with the software as Furrion has delivered it. You can see all 3, but only for a few seconds. It's crazy.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new Grand Design TT is prewired for a Furrion backup camera. Pricing on these seem high. Is Furrion a good choice? Could anyone suggest what might be my best option regarding a backup and rear view monitoring camera?
    There are a lot cheaper options out there. Just look on Amazon. When we bought our used truck it had an after market camera installed. I was able to add a trailer extension kit for $35. Nice to have an extra set of eyes when backing into a site.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foothiller View Post
    I bought the same device through Amazon as Calbar, though mine was a different vendor - same price at $150. I wish I had known about the Furrion mount adapter though. The camera has a very wide field of view, but not as tall as I'd like. Mine is aimed to see traffic so I can't see close enough to the trailer for backing. The wide angle makes things look far away like a convex mirror. My vendor shipped me an extra camera which I'm trying to mount in the bed to watch where the pin/wedge is relative to the hitch opening.
    I have mine set so that I can use if for backing the trailer up. I can also see enough of the traffic behind me to use it for lane changes as I can tell when I have enough room. Can even see enough of cross traffic to back up in a parking lot.
    Took a bit of trial and error but can see everything that I need to. It also has no lag or delay even at 75 or 80 mph.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just pick up the Haloview, it was discounted for Prime days. I have a 295RL 5th wheel and tow a trailer behind it with our kayaks on it.
    When I got it the other day I went out and hooked everything up to make sure it worked and all was good. Haven’t been able to drive around with it yet but wanted to make sure it worked. Will be unable to do the actual install until spring as it’s to cold here right now for silicone to cure properly!😂

Just make sure you get the Furrion bracket and it comes with an adapter cable and it plugged right into my hardwire and power right up with the park lights.

Here is a link.

Haloview MC7108 7'' 720P HD... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GKXPKRS?...p_mob_ap_share

Trahan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast