User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my Bakflip!

Be sure to check the width of the rail on whatever cover is considered. If it encroaches into the bed too far, your pin box can hit it when turning 90-deg.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks, this has been really helpful.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the backflip.
    Never thought I would have a cover, wife talked me into it and I love it.
    No issue with AUH.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    I’m purchasing my first 5th wheel, and I’m thinking of getting a bed cover for those times that we’re not towing, but still have the 5th wheel hitch in the truck bed and want to protect the hitch and any gear stored behind it once we unhitch at the campsite.

The truck is a Silverado 3500SRW with an 8’ bed.

Any recommendations on a bed cover that’s hitch friendly?

Thanks
    I like my extang encor from etrailer. It's a hard folding cover that folds in 3 pieces, instead of 4 like the backflip. This means when the 2 pieces from the back are folded forward it does not sit up as high as the backflip does. I can also fold just the front piece backwards when the trailer is hooked up so that I can get access to my fuel tank or my tool box if needed. The 2 pieces from the back folding forward only way about 15 pounds each so even though we are going around dual tires it is not a problem even for my wife to fold forward. And senses it's hard a hard cover I can actually stand on it when washing the truck roof .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! You guys must not use your trucks for trucks? I use the bed every day for whatever. Hauling feed, fencing, whatever. I just can't fathom having to undo a cover every day. But I reckon some may only use their trucks for towing, so believe me, I do not mean to sound critical. Different stokes for different strokes. Regards (I did consider though. Once)
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    LOL! You guys must not use your trucks for trucks? I use the bed every day for whatever. Hauling feed, fencing, whatever. I just can't fathom having to undo a cover every day. But I reckon some may only use their trucks for towing, so believe me, I do not mean to sound critical. Different stokes for different strokes. Regards (I did consider though. Once)
    Very much the same thing here. Hay, grain barrels, my bed is always a mess. However, thats why I put in the American Rolltop. Works with my Anderson (when I dont pull it out) and keeps everything in there dry when I am NOT hauling crap around the ranch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use my truck primarily as my tow vehicle, but I also use it to haul crap like bags of mulch, rocks, furniture and trash. But odds are the hitch will just sit in the truck for weeks at a time until some job comes up where I need the space. I like having a cover over the bed so I can protect the hitch and the gear I tend to leave in the bed all the time from the elements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    I use my truck primarily as my tow vehicle, but I also use it to haul crap like bags of mulch, rocks, furniture and trash. But odds are the hitch will just sit in the truck for weeks at a time until some job comes up where I need the space. I like having a cover over the bed so I can protect the hitch and the gear I tend to leave in the bed all the time from the elements.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. However with what the B&W base weighs I am lucky that I have a young and strong cowboy SIL next door on my land. He does the grunt work. LOL
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing how technology tracks us when we dont even suspect it. 41 minutes ago I posted on this site about my roll top cover. I switch over to facebook and guess what.....an add for Paragon bed covers. The tracking isnt really the point of this post, although its a bit invasive....but thats the world we live in.

But more importantly, has anyone put one of these on? I went to a RAM user group and seems quite a lot of people use them and are satisfied with a few hiccups along the way.

Interesting concept.

https://www.peragon.com/

2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Amazing how technology tracks us when we dont even suspect it. 41 minutes ago I posted on this site about my roll top cover. I switch over to facebook and guess what.....an add for Paragon bed covers. The tracking isnt really the point of this post, although its a bit invasive....but thats the world we live in.

But more importantly, has anyone put one of these on? I went to a RAM user group and seems quite a lot of people use them and are satisfied with a few hiccups along the way.

Interesting concept.

https://www.peragon.com/

I've been cover shopping for a while. Love the concept.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast