User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been considering a Peragon for awhile now to replace the factory installed retractable cover with the canister (it failed). One or two video reviews of the Peragon do point out that the lack of a canister can be an issue as the folded panels can get caught on items in the truck bed that are about 10"-12" from the cab wall, especially if the items shift.

My FIL installed the WeatherTech AlloyCover on his truck. It seems well made and appears to compete favorably with the low profile of the Lomax. The Peragon bed rails do seem higher than the Lomax, but not sure how much higher and if it could be an issue with pinbox clearance on tight turns. I've also been looking at the Lomax Stance and the Leer HF650.

Have an inexpensive fabric trifold on current truck now that is ok. Waiting for my new truck to pull the trigger on a new top.

EDITED to add more info - went to WeatherTech's website. Doesn't appear they make a cover for the 8' bed. And some features of their cover look EXACTLY the same as a Lomax.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 10-22-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    I've been considering a Peragon for awhile now to replace the factory installed retractable cover with the canister (it failed). One or two video reviews of the Peragon do point out that the lack of a canister can be an issue as the folded panels can get caught on items in the truck bed that are about 10"-12" from the cab wall, especially if the items shift.

My FIL installed the WeatherTech AlloyCover on his truck. It seems well made and appears to compete favorably with the low profile of the Lomax. The Peragon bed rails do seem higher than the Lomax, but not sure how much higher and if it could be an issue with pinbox clearance on tight turns. I've also been looking at the Lomax Stance and the Leer HF650.

Have an inexpensive fabric trifold on current truck now that is ok. Waiting for my new truck to pull the trigger on a new top.

EDITED to add more info - went to WeatherTech's website. Doesn't appear they make a cover for the 8' bed. And some features of their cover look EXACTLY the same as a Lomax.
    This is my second truck with the American Rolltop (link below) and I must say I have been very, very happy with it. However, I dont have experience with others and they seem well made also. While mine does have 4 drain plugs to make is water resistant, it definitely isnt water proof. I roll through car washes frequently and often get some amount of water in the bed, but not flooded by any means.

They do have one that incorporates a tool box but I wouldn’t consider that unless I have the full bed, which I do not.

Good luck!

https://www.truckcoversusa.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post

The WeatherTech IS a private label Lomax. Lomax is less expensive without the brand premium, especially if you buy it from small dealers of high volume like I did.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Attachment 30259 I've had this Retrax on my last two long beds and love it. Very durable and about 99% leak free as well. As you can see it also clears a B&W hitch plus you can slide it partially closed while towing to keep things dry etc.
    Have you had any issue with the pinbox making contact with the tonneau covers rails while making 90 degree turns? Which pinbox are you using?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Moryde rubber pinbox and it does come very close to the side rails, but it just misses it on my truck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    I use the Moryde rubber pinbox and it does come very close to the side rails, but it just misses it on my truck.
    Good to know. Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im using the undercover folding hard tonneau on 3500 ram 8ft bed, i like having a cover over the hitch when not in use. on the 8ft bed it has ample clearance and it has straps to lock in place when folded forward. i looked at a comparable BAK FLip but chose the undercover. one caution on the hard folding tonneaus , they can block visibility to your hitch if you have a crew cab and dont have the third brake light camera. i added an aftermarket dash cam with review camera that i mounted by the third break light and that solved my issue. just something to think about.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno1965 View Post
    Im using the undercover folding hard tonneau on 3500 ram 8ft bed, i like having a cover over the hitch when not in use. on the 8ft bed it has ample clearance and it has straps to lock in place when folded forward. i looked at a comparable BAK FLip but chose the undercover. one caution on the hard folding tonneaus , they can block visibility to your hitch if you have a crew cab and dont have the third brake light camera. i added an aftermarket dash cam with review camera that i mounted by the third break light and that solved my issue. just something to think about.
    What was the deciding factor for you on going with the Undercover over the Bak Flip?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traynoral View Post
    What was the deciding factor for you on going with the Undercover over the Bak Flip?
    the undercover has struts that hold it in the open position without touching the cab of the truck and you can drive at low speeds i believe under 45mph with the cover in the upright position. the BAKFLIP comes with pads to attach to the cab so it can lean against the cab, and i just didn't like the idea of that. i like the cover , i wanted something with a little more protection than a soft cover and the roll tops to me are inconvenient on a long bed truck unless you spring for the motorized. these are just my personnel preferences.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno1965 View Post
    the undercover has struts that hold it in the open position without touching the cab of the truck and you can drive at low speeds i believe under 45mph with the cover in the upright position. the BAKFLIP comes with pads to attach to the cab so it can lean against the cab, and i just didn't like the idea of that. i like the cover , i wanted something with a little more protection than a soft cover and the roll tops to me are inconvenient on a long bed truck unless you spring for the motorized. these are just my personnel preferences.
    Excellent. Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast