User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Imagine 3250BH (came off the line 9/20/20) with 2 A/C's arrived with Furion units. During the walkthrough, the salesman said that GD was using Furion because it was what they could get.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole HVAC industry is in short supply. My cousin's business has never been busier with A/C / Furnace upgrades. The stock for everything is LOW, whether its American Standard, Trane, Carrier. All are in short supply.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    The whole HVAC industry is in short supply. My cousin's business has never been busier with A/C / Furnace upgrades. The stock for everything is LOW, whether its American Standard, Trane, Carrier. All are in short supply.
    I install A/C in SoCal as a side job. We cant get equipment due to all of the equipment comes from Asia somewhere. Its crazy. We just spent 25K on anything we could get our hands on for stock. It will eventually sell. We are busy through the beginning of 2021
    We install Goodman mostly due to parts accessibility. Its crazy out there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in So Cal as well. I do the electrical for my cousin on the side. We deal with mostly American Standard, which is basically Trane. Our last job was a Carrier. I looked at my cousin and said, "When did we switch to Carrier?" He said, "When they were the only thing available."

2 things killing us here in So Cal. 1) Lack of supply and 2) the High efficiency requirement.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not just HVAC... I have my production lines running at 15 year highs, or 143% with 3 shifts, 7 days producing building materials! We can't get enough boats, rail and trucks to transport the demand either...

Personally, doing a small bump out on my house and the $1850 budget for lumber figured in January ended up $2940 in September!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in So Cal as well. I do the electrical for my cousin on the side. We deal with mostly American Standard, which is basically Trane. Our last job was a Carrier. I looked at my cousin and said, "When did we switch to Carrier?" He said, "When they were the only thing available."

2 things killing us here in So Cal. 1) Lack of supply and 2) the High efficiency requirement.
    Yeah i was talking to my partner about going outside of SoCal to buy equipment due to the efficiency. Its a 10,000 fine and possibly lose your license. Sooo not worth it. It just crazy. We don't advertise we get word of mouth business. We are weekend warriors at this point.
    2017 Imagine 3150BH / 2004 Silverado CCSB 2500HD LB7 Duramax 4x4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cousin has a full-time job with a school district and then has guys doing the work for the HVAC company, plus weekend work.

Yeah, it's not worth fine. We we got word it was coming, we told everyone who was on the fence of doing an upgrade, "Buy now. You can sit on it and do the labor later, but get the equipment NOW." Well, that has come and gone.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its funny i see your sig, we work out of Westminster. That's where my partner lives im in San Dimas. We only really do OC and the costal cities. We gone inland but the OC keeps us busy. I think because of the humidity on the coast now with the hot temps.
    2017 Imagine 3150BH / 2004 Silverado CCSB 2500HD LB7 Duramax 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Not just HVAC... I have my production lines running at 15 year highs, or 143% with 3 shifts, 7 days producing building materials! We can't get enough boats, rail and trucks to transport the demand either...

Personally, doing a small bump out on my house and the $1850 budget for lumber figured in January ended up $2940 in September!
    Lumber is a traded commodity and imo was and perhaps still is in a bit of a bubbl

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/[email protected]
    Last edited by Aridon; 10-22-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cousin has a full-time job with a school district and then has guys doing the work for the HVAC company, plus weekend work.

Yeah, it's not worth fine. We we got word it was coming, we told everyone who was on the fence of doing an upgrade, "Buy now. You can sit on it and do the labor later, but get the equipment NOW." Well, that has come and gone.
    Just out of curiosity, how is CA implementing this? I mean, I can go online and buy a 14 SEER unit and have it delivered, no problem.. Or will they not deliver that unit to CA? Let's say they won't and I use a reshipper, so now what. They would fine you for installing the equipment that I bought?

Gotta love CA, I feel sorry for people who live/work there; the land of too many people and too much regulation.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast