User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all I just picked up my new 2021 transcend 265 BH it has the Furrion a/c on top. I asked the deal and he said they are going to Furrion now because those are the only one Grand Design get get their hands on. As a matter of fact the only thing not Furrion in my unit is the hot waster heater an the heater. I guess Furrion is taking over.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how is CA implementing this? I mean, I can go online and buy a 14 SEER unit and have it delivered, no problem.. Or will they not deliver that unit to CA? Let's say they won't and I use a reshipper, so now what. They would fine you for installing the equipment that I bought?

Gotta love CA, I feel sorry for people who live/work there; the land of too many people and too much regulation.
    Are we talking about as a contractor or home owner installing it themselves?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Are we talking about as a contractor or home owner installing it themselves?
    Well, it was hypothetical, I don't live in CA and it doesn't really matter to me, but, let's say, as a homeowner in CA, I buy a lower SEER unit online and have it delivered, then have an AC contractor come out and install it. Would they be unable to install it because of regulations? So the only choice is a DIY install? That's a poor idea for most people because AC units require special gear to install correctly, but I have to believe they'll be a market for that. The really high SEER units are so expensive the payback period is far too long (including "never") for most people to justify. They won't be in the house long enough to break even.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Well, it was hypothetical, I don't live in CA and it doesn't really matter to me, but, let's say, as a homeowner in CA, I buy a lower SEER unit online and have it delivered, then have an AC contractor come out and install it. Would they be unable to install it because of regulations? So the only choice is a DIY install? That's a poor idea for most people because AC units require special gear to install correctly, but I have to believe they'll be a market for that. The really high SEER units are so expensive the payback period is far too long (including "never") for most people to justify. They won't be in the house long enough to break even.
    It's not about the SEER about low NOx. You can still purchase a 80% efficient unit with low NOx. We see about a $500 difference between the older units and the new low NOx. Not that big of a hit.

As far as bringing in one out of state, we don't know how that would work out. You can pick one up out of state and bring it, but if that happens, the installer risks getting a big fine and losing their license.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornsky View Post
    Hello. I'm new to this forum and we don't have our new Imagine 2800BH that we ordered yet, but I was watching different videos on YouTube and while watching one on a new Imagine 2910BH from Woody's RV World in Canada, I noticed it has a Furrion A/C unit on it.

Has anyone heard if Grand Design is switching from the Coleman A/C's to Furrion? I'm curious since I just ordered our camper less than 2 weeks ago and I am now wondering which A/C will be on my camper. I did order it with a 2nd A/C, so that makes me even more curious.

I have heard good things about the Furrion units and I am wondering what anyone else has heard.

Please let me know.
    It is my understanding that GD has cut Furrion as a supplier of anything in a GD because of poor quality and customer service.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine came with the Furrion A\C. As a matter fact almost everything was Furrion.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jnplant. How do u like the furrion? I am getting ready to buy one? Email me at [email protected]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnplant View Post
    Mine came with the Furrion A\C. As a matter fact almost everything was Furrion.
    You buy your trailer off the lot or did you order it?
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received my new Imagine 2500RL today and it does have the Furrion 15K air conditioner
    Thomas & Makiko
    2021 GD2500RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready to buy imagine with it, how do u like your furrion air?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast