User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from northern CA

My wife and I are excited to become newbies around Thanksgiving when we will pick up our 2021 17MKE. This is our first TT and we plan to take several shorter trips this coming winter and spring to hopefully work out the kinks in preparation for a 3-month trip next fall. We are glad to have discovered MyGrandRV and have already learned a lot and enjoyed the virtual company. We will be towing with a 2014 Silverado 1500 Z71 with a tow package. What advice can you give me regarding hitches and weight distribution/anti-sway? Also, what have people done re the hard mattress? Topper or new mattress?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

We started out with a topper for our mattress.. it was left over from our old trailer. After a year we decided we'd had enough and purchased a Nectar mattress. Last weekend was the first time sleeping on it and my wife and I agree it's far better than the mattress that came with our 260RD.

We used an Equalizer 4 point on our old trailer. It worked very well for us.
    2011Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD
    2020.5 (White) Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome and information.