User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COE listings????

One of my golfing buddies just spent 10 days at a COE campground at Canton Lake in Oklahoma. He said with his national park pass, the nightly fee was only $12. They have water and electric, no sewer, but dump stations. Even so, I think that is a pretty darn good deal. In light of that, I have been doing some internet searching for the last 1/2 hour or so trying to find a nation-wide listing of COE campgrounds. Seems all I get are listings for two or three states with each search and a whole bunch of ads selling books with listings. Does anyone know of an online listing put out by the COE so I don't have to buy some book that I will likely lose anyway?
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTx View Post
    One of my golfing buddies just spent 10 days at a COE campground at Canton Lake in Oklahoma. He said with his national park pass, the nightly fee was only $12. They have water and electric, no sewer, but dump stations. Even so, I think that is a pretty darn good deal. In light of that, I have been doing some internet searching for the last 1/2 hour or so trying to find a nation-wide listing of COE campgrounds. Seems all I get are listings for two or three states with each search and a whole bunch of ads selling books with listings. Does anyone know of an online listing put out by the COE so I don't have to buy some book that I will likely lose anyway?
    Nope. Can't tell you. Don't want you taking our spots!!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTx View Post
    RV Life App allows me to search for COE parks, across the nation. The basic version is free, so check it out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might do better using USACE in a search..... US Army Corp of Engineers. I use Dave O's map to plan trips and locate campgrounds. https://davidodonnel.com/rv-park-locator/
    Note the symbols for national parks and Army Engineers.
    Reservations can be made through Recreation.gov
    That nightly rate seems a bit low. If you have a Senior Pass you have visitor entry to any national park without fee. Camping fees are at 1/2 the normal overnight rate. $17 to $18 a night is the norm. I have seen very few National, USDA, USACE or Dept of Agriculture park sites that are full hook up. If there are, they are few and booked up.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't COE campgrounds show up on Recreation.gov ?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's COE?
    I did a quick google and it came up with Center of Excellence, Council of Europe, and a rather derogatory name for a girl you don't like.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    What's COE?
    I did a quick google and it came up with Center of Excellence, Council of Europe, and a rather derogatory name for a girl you don't like.
    The acronym stands for Corps of Engineers. Your federal dollars at work. Apparently they’re pretty good at campgrounds, not so much with levees.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    COEs. There is a booklet put out by someone on COE sites. I've seen it but don't recall. I'll look to see if I might have one.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing it is so difficult to search for COE parks. Over the years the only way I've found is to use one of the few books available. I've got an older version of this book and it's worked well:

https://www.amazon.com/Camping-Corps.../dp/188546469X

With the Golden Age card these campgrounds are an extreme bargain.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast