User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Denny2000

Hi from Canada. Looking for advice.

Hello all. I am undecided between the momentum and the tesla. Now I haven't seen the momentum yet other than on their site but I was curious what tipped some of you towards grand design. The one thing I don't like about the momentum floor plan is that they all have slide outs on the pass side taking away from awning space. Other than that they look like a beautiful unit. Is anyone here from canada. Just curious if they have a cold weather package. I have srw dodge diesel I will be pulling it with. I noticed some have upgraded to a dually. The salesman I spoke to said he wouldn't even show me the trailer because i would have to upgrade my truck to a three ton at least. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Denny.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Denny, there are several people on here from Canada (I think half of them are here in FL), I'm sure they'll be along to help you get answers. Grand Designs are all rated for four season camping, there is some people on here that have talked about camping in the negative temps and everything was good.
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your decision.
    Oh, and the customer service at Grand Design is the best. That reason alone makes it a much easier decision.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny2000 View Post
    The one thing I don't like about the momentum floor plan is that they all have slide outs on the pass side taking away from awning space. Other than that they look like a beautiful unit. Is anyone here from canada. Just curious if they have a cold weather package. I have srw dodge diesel I will be pulling it with. I noticed some have upgraded to a dually. The salesman I spoke to said he wouldn't even show me the trailer because i would have to upgrade my truck to a three ton at least. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Denny.
    The negative that you point out (awning space), others would see the opposing slides and increased living space as positive..no floor plan is for everyone. The arctic package on the GD campers is as good/better than anyone's...just add the optional dual plane windows.

You didn't mention which floor plan you're looking at, but most are high enough in pin weight that a 1 ton dually is the norm.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Denny! Go down to the Momentum section and talk to some of the Owners there, they will be more than glad to answer any questions you may have.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were looking at the same thing - our choices came down to Tesla and the Grand Design Momentum. I'm documenting it at http://www.momentumgunner.com/momentum_project.html

Tesla makes some nice looking units, and there are some great features there. But when it came down to it, the Momentum has a lot more going for it - that factory support being a big plus. You need to see one.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Denny2000
    Thanks for all of the quick responses! I am trying to keep my length and weight down to pull a pair of sea doos behind the TH. I know I am going to be over length in alberta but I don't plan on spending much time there with the sea doos, maybe once a year. I was eyeing up the tesla 3212 I really like that floorplan with the awning from front to back on the pass side, the only thing I have to give up is the washroom off the garage which you only get on the larger units. The salesman scared me when he told me the momentum starts at 120,000 and that I need a three ton truck to pull it. I think I'm going to have a look at one just satisfy my curiosity now. Thanks again!