0 Thread(s)
    That would be sweet!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here it is on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/SAVEAJACK-sci.../dp/B005CJOR1M

The only problem is that they say it's currently unavailable and they don't know when it will ever be available.

I bet a guy who had some resources could probably make some of these for sale.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the good news is, I found a 2 pack of scissor jacks at the Camping World near Valdosta - got them home, removed and replaced - however I was only able to install three fasteners into one end/side of each jack. I'm confident they will work as designed,until I can get her home and complete the installation. I will also add the required drill motor and larger set of bits so that if I encounter this type situation again, I will have the needed tools.

Thanks for all the input!!

Steve
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are available online. I would stay away from Camping World for any purchase!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I contacted the manufacturer and they said they were available at RVUPGRADES.COM.

I promptly ordered a pair as I will be backing our Imagine 2970RL into our driveway for the winter. The driveway has a pretty good slope, so it should be easier without having to worry about the rear stabilizers.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you get heavier jacks, and do NOT use self-tapping screws like GD. Get yourself some grade 8 hardware (nuts, bolts, and washers) from Lowes or HD and secure the new jacks so you won't have a repeat.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My jacks are still fine. The "Save A Jack" I think comes withe some self tappers. Not going to use those in favor of stainless steel bolts and nylock nuts.

Even if I did happen to leave the jacks on and happen to hit something, some 316 stainless hardware will yield hopefully before tearing the steel frame.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Good Day Folks!!

Closing on on this first timers inaugural cross country trip, we crossed into our home state of Florida from Georgia a couple hours ago. Upon arriving at the KOA in Jennings, FL. and doing our set up preps - my DW approached me with a long face. Appears both of our rear scissor jacks were bent back, the left one will not go up or down. The right rear went down enough to make contact with the ground pad, but is bu no means flat, as it should be.

Our hunch is we made contact leaving a gas station north of Valdosta. I had to make a pretty sharp RH turn to get out of the gas station, and the ramp from the gas station onto the street was pretty sharp - thats only my hunch. It was fine when we left Gainesville, GA and the gas station was our only stop, other than a pit stop prior for a bladder call.

In any case, this is the situation in our continuing saga of this cross country adventure.

So my questions - fortunately we have a camping world near by in Valdosta, less than 10 miles away. Would they carry scissor jacks for this rig? BTW we are in a Grand Design Imagine, 2670MK. The scissor jacks are typically lowered and raised using a battery operated drill. The Camping World closed at 5PM, so unable to inquire, but will first thing in the morning.

It looks like they are easily removed (I hope) with just a couple fasteners holding each to the structural beam.

So knowing we only have partial contact with one rear stabilizer - is it safe to use the rig?? We did un-hitch the tongue jack and two forward stabilizers are secure. The two rear stabilizers are the concern.

Any suggestions or input?

Thanks!
    Steve
    I mounted 5” steel casters behind the stabilizers so they hit the ground before the stabilizer.
    Kim and Larry
    3 Fury friends Roscoe, Oliver and Paisley
    2018 F150 3.5 TT
    2020 Imagine 2970RL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2psnapod2 View Post
    They are available online. I would stay away from Camping World for any purchase!
    Why? That is a totally screwed up statement. I understand you don't want to buy a rv from Camping World for various reasons..... But..... Parts are parts. Camping World sells the same parts as everyone else and is usually cheaper. Parts are parts.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast