User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Tank Pull cord Issue (Imagine 210BHE)

Seemingly randomly my black tank pull valve has become incredibly difficult to open and close. To my knowledge it’s not a blockage...I am able to open and close it...though I need the help of pliers to do so. When the handle is pushed all the way in there is no bounce as there is with the grey tank pull handle. It’s for this reason I think there is a spring issue. Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its recommended to spray a dry lube on the cable when they are pulled to help prevent seizing. Some were successful with with dislodging sticky gates by pouring vegetable oil in the tanks when they are empty and letting it sit a little. I don't think there's a spring in there. I think what you are feeling is the cable that is bending.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend flushing tank as much as possible to try and clean out the track that the gate slides thru. Have a look at page 13 of LaSalleBristol, they make the gate valve we all have. You can also consider replacing the seals (get from Amazon). Try not to be intimidated by getting underneath. Lowering the cloroplast is nowhere near a big deal like I first thought it was. I did a full write-up when I replaced all my valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbkw_brewer View Post
    Seemingly randomly my black tank pull valve has become incredibly difficult to open and close. To my knowledge it’s not a blockage...I am able to open and close it...though I need the help of pliers to do so. When the handle is pushed all the way in there is no bounce as there is with the grey tank pull handle. It’s for this reason I think there is a spring issue. Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it in?

2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with my 2016 384GK-R recently. Apparently the rig had been sitting for some time unused before my wife and I bought it. All the valves and tank pulls were frozen. I had the dealer pull the weather sealing panel down and lube the lines and seals.
    In my opinion, the tank pulls and lines need maintenance just like the rest of the coach. My dump routine before leaving the campsite includes evacuating the black with a site glass at the sewer drop. With the tank flush running, continue flushing until the water becomes clear. Once empty, close the valve. Then dump your grey tanks. This will flush out any remaining black waste in the lines. Close the valves.
    The remaining step involves pouring TST chemicals down the toilet drain along with several cups of ice. We have a residential fridge with an ice maker so this step is super convenient. The TST will help break down any remaining solids and lubricate the gate wall. The ice sloshing down the road while driving will help break off solids that may have attached to the walls of the tank.
    This technique has worked well for many years for us and keeps the valves and tank sensors clean and functional.