Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saluin tires

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    The question was on the Saluin S637s, and I'm going to advise you that you call Saliun's US number and ask to speak to Alan Eagleson and get the right answer from the definitive source. I don't know if he'd want me to post his email publicly. He can, and will, provide their official inflation charts if requested. Forums can be incredibly helpful, but some well-intentioned advice may not always be the ideal advice.
    Rob - I think Paul's post #39 in the link provided by Mike in his post #2 on this thread shared feedback from Al at Sailun as you are suggesting.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Rob - I think Paul's post #39 in the link provided by Mike in his post #2 on this thread shared feedback from Al at Sailun as you are suggesting.

Dan
    Well I don't know how much clearer it can get than this.

Nice find Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I've posted this before, heck, maybe somewhere earlier in this thread but when I purchased my Sailuns I wrote an email directly to Sailun regarding this issue. Here's what I received.

Paul, thank you for your inquiry to Sailun Tire and for being a Sailun customer.

In regard to your question about inflation, I have attached the Tire and Rim Association load and inflation table for your size (reference line 10). Make sure your trailer is fully loaded when you calculate your weight. Based on the weight of 11,000 lbs. (11,000/4 = 2,750/tire) you stated below, the minimum pressure you should run is 50 psi. I normally recommend 5-10 psi higher than the calculated pressure for some safety. You will want to stay pretty close to this recommendation for ride comfort and to achieve good tire wear. Don’t worry, the tire is engineered for this pressure for the load. The reason the max is 110 psi is the tire is used in some commercial applications that require the additional load carrying capacity.

Please send along any additional questions.

Safe travels.

Al Eagleson ‘ACE’
    Segment Manager, Commercial Tires
    Off. (289) 499-3240 x202
    Cel. (416) 315-9391
    [/B]
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan
    Yes, it is. I was chiming in because some other noise was creeping in, and your best course is to go straight to source... If you go to another well trafficked camper forum there is an endlessly long thread on trailer tires and the overwhelming content is by those not understanding how to properly read a load-inflation table.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Yes, it is. I was chiming in because some other noise was creeping in, and your best course is to go straight to source... If you go to another well trafficked camper forum there is an endlessly long thread on trailer tires and the overwhelming content is by those not understanding how to properly read a load-inflation table.
    Yea - it is kinda baffling how misunderstood this issue can be. When RickTulsa (the 40 year plus tire industry veteran) was active on the forum a couple/few years ago he shared, helped, and educated many folks on tire questions.

One item I recall was posting about utility trailer scenarios where the trailer was empty and tires inflated to max. The trailer bounced around like a ball when towed down the road. Only a small patch of tread was touching the ground thus not only negatively affecting ride but resulting in improper tire (and trailer) wear over time. The tires s/b inflated at substantially less pressure for the trailer tires to make proper contact with the road and the trailer ride properly when empty or adjusted appropriately to the load.

Conversely, when the trailer was fully loaded it road well with the tire patch making contact from edge to edge when the tires were fully inflated. Now yes, the inflation and deflation is not always an option when in use but if possible, it s/b done.

While our RV situations are not this dramatic, the RV load, tire load rating, and thus appropriate tire inflation still applies.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea - it is kinda baffling how misunderstood this issue can be. When RickTulsa (the 40 year plus tire industry veteran) was active on the forum a couple/few years ago he shared, helped, and educated many folks on tire questions.

One item I recall was posting about utility trailer scenarios where the trailer was empty and tires inflated to max. The trailer bounced around like a ball when towed down the road. Only a small patch of tread was touching the ground thus not only negatively affecting ride but resulting in improper tire (and trailer) wear over time. The tires s/b inflated at substantially less pressure for the trailer tires to make proper contact with the road and the trailer ride properly when empty or adjusted appropriately to the load.

Conversely, when the trailer was fully loaded it road well with the tire patch making contact from edge to edge when the tires were fully inflated. Now yes, the inflation and deflation is not always an option when in use but if possible, it s/b done.

While our RV situations are not this dramatic, the RV load, tire load rating, and thus appropriate tire inflation still applies.

Dan
    Yes, for certain. You also have to be knowledgeable of tire design function as well because there are tipping points to also consider. What I mean is that a tire designed for a steer position, such as the S637, has different construction than those designed to run fixed, such as the S637T. You can also have perfect contact patch but may have too much sidewall flex (flop is probably a better visual). So there are compromises in inflation that aren't strictly about load carrying capacity. The understanding most folks can appreciate is race cars on the oval track or Indy. I gained my knowledge and understanding from that realm where my hobby was the money pit of going fast on four wheels... lol
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I've run at 95 since day one without any issue, Who told you you couldn't run at a lower pressure? I've never heard that before, you just lose carrying capacity.
    It looks like I am reading the chart wrong. Maybe???? I don't want to stir up a mess but have to ask....

I thought Note 1 meant I could run the G's at any pressure above the F's. Hence, the 100 to 110 pressure range I thought I needed to stay within.

Now I'm re-reading this and thinking that the note really means to not inflate above 110 psi and can set the pressure lower based on my weight measurement. Since the weight on the axels is 11,500 lbs (2,825 lbs each) maybe I should be at 75psi. yikes - is that too low....???

I think I better call that guy Rob was telling us about.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    It looks like I am reading the chart wrong. Maybe???? I don't want to stir up a mess but have to ask....

I thought Note 1 meant I could run the G's at any pressure above the F's. Hence, the 100 to 110 pressure range I thought I needed to stay within.

Now I'm re-reading this and thinking that the note really means to not inflate above 110 psi and can set the pressure lower based on my weight measurement. Since the weight on the axels is 11,500 lbs (2,825 lbs each) maybe I should be at 75psi. yikes - is that too low....???

I think I better call that guy Rob was telling us about.
    The pressures listed correspond with a weight carrying capacity. You don't need to run above 100. Look at post #12 above I quoted a post from another thread that Canyonlight found. That is an email from the person at Sailun that Rob is talking about
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevandDeb View Post
    Ok , so I have the new sailun s637 tires then had smart weigh at Livingston tx. Now I can’t find the load information chart on sailun website.. my 337 rls weighs were front r 2200 front l 2650 r right 2250 rear left 2650 I run 95 psi ? Thanks.. by the way I posted this question on the 337 Facebook site and most people asked why I went with g rated tires if I wasn’t going to use max psi stated on the sidewall of the tires.
    I hope you mean you have the S673T, not the s673. The s673 are not the trailer rated tires. You need the "T"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I hope you mean you have the S673T, not the s673. The s673 are not the trailer rated tires. You need the "T"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that if you have 16" tires you have the s637T trailer tires. The S637's are all position tires and are 17.5" and up, they are also rated for trailers. Unless there is another S637 that I'm missing
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevandDeb View Post
    Ok , so I have the new sailun s637 tires then had smart weigh at Livingston tx. Now I can’t find the load information chart on sailun website.. my 337 rls weighs were front r 2200 front l 2650 r right 2250 rear left 2650 I run 95 psi ? Thanks.. by the way I posted this question on the 337 Facebook site and most people asked why I went with g rated tires if I wasn’t going to use max psi stated on the sidewall of the tires.
    They are rated for 4200?
    2650/4200= .63
    .63 x 110 = 69 lbs

I wold say 75-80 is more than enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast