Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 2500 RL Rock Guard W/Line-X??

My 2021 trailer already has rock dimples on the rock guard below the fiberglass cap. I'm thinking of spraying it with Line-X, it should add strength and I think it will match the black textured design on the cap. Has anyone done this? I would appreciate thoughts form those who want to chime in.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done it but would worry about the extra weight of the linex pulling on the fasteners.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t the purpose of rock guard to protect surfaces from rocks? Touch it up with some touch up paint and let it do its job.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 Imagine 2500 RL. On the first trip through Northern Ontario I passed a road crew and (to my dismay) discovered when we stopped to set up camp for the night - that they had been repainting the white lines. It was a lot of work removing dry paint from my black truck (also nearly new at the time), even harder trying to pick off hard white dots from trailer cap and virtually impossible to remove the splatter off the black rock guard. Three years later my wife still irritates herself by picking dry specks from the fibreglass. I think the speckled rock guard adds some character to the trailer - kind of a patina - like it's actually been used.
    Be aware that in Northern Ontario, unlike the major highways systems most of us are used to, road crews do not pay the same attention to warning drivers about silly little things like wet paint.